Thomson 32WR25UG

J

jackjones

I wonder if anyone can solve a mystery that neither HCC or Thomson can answer when asked.

HCC no 2 best buy widescreen TV is the Thomson 32WR25UG (actually from memory it is missing the G but there is no such TV as the 25U on the Thomson site). It gets a great write up and is noted as flat screen. Having tracked it down on the website and seen its smaller cousin in the flesh it clearly is not flatscreen. What TV also notes it as non-flatscreen and gives it a much more modest review.

All ths leads me to wonder what TV HCC actually reviewed. Whilst waiting for the full review to appear on the site I wonder if anyone has any ideas and if it is simply a typo, whether it lives up to its review compared to something like the Phillips 6006?

Cheers.

Jack

I have the Thomson brochure it lists the 32WR25UG as "Black Diva Tube-SF Contour: thanks to Invar Mask, you get a high quality piture even in the corners of the screen"
I am waiting to get my Thomson 36WX87ES from Unbeatable should get it in the next couple of days. Anyone seen it cheaper than£1469 if so i will be able to get a price match from Unbeatable

Thanks. Yup the Black Diva contour is not a flatscreen.

I am just bemused at how a usually reliable magazine can apparently make such a public mistake month after month and no one clarify it in the magazine or when asked directly. Of course my research could be totally off key but I guess I will not find out until the review is on line or someone with an old copy of HCC can put me right.

Not seen the 36 cheaper. Looks like a good TV.

Jack

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom