1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thomson 32WB843

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Leeray3, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Leeray3

Leeray3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    First the good news. My 15 year old tv decided to start smoking the other day and the tv repair man said it wouldn't be cost effective to repair it.
    This means that I am now allowed (I do wear the trousers honestly) to buy a widescreen TV.
    The amp I have is Black and so are the speakers that I have so I would prefer a black TV. I have looked at the Loewe TV's and am undecided at the moment and I haven't even considered the Sanyo TV that they sell in black as it looks awful.
    The TV's that have caught my eye are the new two tone TV's that seem to be emerging, in particular the Thomson 32WB843, the Sony KD-32DX200U and the JVC HV-32D40.
    The wife for some reason doesn't like the Sony and when I looked at it I was unsure about my amp, DVD and Telewest box fitting underneath it. I also think this is missing the component connections as well, which to be honest isn't a biggy but would be useful for the future.

The other two TV's are the Thomson and the JVC. Firstly I can't really find much on the Thomson (Except here obviously) and I don't now where to go to actually look at these TV's in the flesh, so I was wondering if anyone out there could give me there honest opinion's about these two TV's and if you know a) where to buy these from and b) where I can actually view either of these.
    Personally I like the look of the Thomson over the JVC and I know it has a built in sub. But the sound will go through my amp anyway so that doesn't bother me.
    Ohh by the way it must be a 32incher as well.

Thanks

2. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Comet should have it they seem to be the main highstreet stockist (thomson). the thread above this shuold cover everything you would ever want to know about the thompson... not real though under the tv on the stand though.. just fits my sky box on the shelf and my small centre speaker underneath!

HTH

Matt