1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thomson 32WB643 and prog scan?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by scarfie, Dec 22, 2003.

1. scarfie

scarfie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I'm really interested in this TV and was wondering if anybody has tried it out on progressive scan and using what source. Any comments would be appreciated as if it's not good I'll probably join the masses and get a Sony 32FX68. Thanks in advance

2. scarfie

scarfie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ^
    anybody?
    More specifically can it take PAL prog scan which would make it a better deal than the Tosh 32ZD26

3. billygoat

billygoat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. scarfie

scarfie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks billygoat, I had read this thread prior to posting. I guess what I'd like to know is whether anybody had any comments on the prog scan ability of this set. I can't find a copy of the Dec review as it's off the shelves but I'm very tempted by this set. Any comments from you mate? Is it the best bang for the buck out there as it definitely sounds like it? :)

5. billygoat

billygoat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I still haven't decided yet if I want to get it. It's way more expensive here in Belgium and broadcasts are mainly analogue. It seems to me this makes all the resolution enhancing TVs I've seen so far, look like crap in the store.

I've read the december review though and they rave about it. Best bang for the buck, apparently. Unfortunately Progressive scan is just casually mentioned and I get the impression they didn't really test that at all.

6. scarfie

scarfie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ^
    one last bump for the New Year in case someone has tried Prog scan with this set yet - comments? I can't find one in any of the local shops so can't make any comparisons myself. I'm now torn between this set or the JVC 32p37.

7. billygoat

billygoat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Join the club, scarfie. I'm torn between the same models. I think I will probably go with the jvc, because of its HD-compatibility and the positive comments I've been reading.

They're virtually the same price over here