• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Thomson 28WR23EG says bye-bye...

Venim

Standard Member
Hello everyone,

I was doing some fun experiment today with an older PC running Windows XP Media Center connecting it to our Thomson 28WR23EG to view pictures and videos etc.
To make a long story short, when I pulled out the S-video cable I had connected to the TV there was a big FLASH at the back of my PC, and all the lights went out. Had to turn the main fuse back on because it went KABOOM... Since then when I turn on my TV it has the red standby power led flashing like this:
long flash - short short short short flashes, pause and all over again. And again and again...
Does anyone know what these -obviously code- flashes mean and what I should or could do other than calling some tech guy?

Thanks for your time,
Venim.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Does anyone know what these -obviously code- flashes mean and what I should or could do other than calling some tech guy?

I won't bore you with the diagnosis of the led flashes...suffice to say that it is not a d-i-y fix and you have no alternative other than getting it looked at by a repair technician.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom