1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thomson 28VK25UG & 2.35.1 ratio dvds

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Doorman80, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Doorman80

Doorman80
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does anyone know how to get rid of the black bars when playing 2.35.1 ratio dvds with this tv? The scart socket is set to 16:9 on the TV & the dvd player is also set to 16:9. The thing is when you watch a dvd through rgb the zoom functions(4:3, 14:9, 16:9 etc) on the telly no longer work so I can't get rid of the black bars.

If anyone has any advice I'd be really greatful.

Thanks

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The TV and the DVD are set to playback the movie in the correct ratio, if you stretch a 2.35:1 ratio movie to fit the screen you will have John Candy looking like Twiggy.

All 2.35:1 ratio movies have the black bars, 1.85:1 will fill the screen, if you don't like the black bars switch off all the widescreen settings and stretch the 4x3 picture, then you will have Twiggy looking like John Candy. :D

To me i just love the 2.35:1 movies, black bars don't bother me.

All down to personal choice.

Bob

3. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Wouldn't that be an improvement?

There are DVD players that have 1.33 zoom, with which you can crop down a 2.35:1 movie to 1.78:1. It can look weird though as it cuts away half of peoples faces and similar.