1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thomson 27LCDB03b & Progressive Scanning

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by cartermje, Nov 11, 2004.

1. cartermje

cartermje

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just tried connecting my Thomson 27LCDB to a Samsung DVD-P142 using the component outputs on the DVD and the supplied Component - DSUB cable. For some reason I don't get a picture at all on the YPbPr mode on the TV when I select PScan on the DVD setup menu.

I've just tried it with a set of phono leads to the PCbCr input and selecting IScan and I get a decent enough picture. However, I was under the impression that the set can do PScan so wouldn't mind finding out what I am doing wrong!

The DVD manual claims it can do 625p/525p - is that the problem? Does the Thomson not support those modes? The manual isn't really helping me on this one.

Anyone got any suggestions or solutions?

2. rihani

rihani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you find a solution to your problem? I am having the same issue with a Pioneer DV 470, but only with a few DVDs.

3. Jack the lad

Jack the lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Anyone figure this out?

Cheers

4. Jack the lad

Jack the lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    I forgot to mention that I cannot get the picture to stay in 16:9 mode. Every time I change channel it switches to 4:3 even though I have deselected Auto format in the setup menu :confused:

5. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    Hi cartermje

According to the review of your thomson lcd tv in whatvideo mag it doesnt accept progressive scan through the component inputs but through the vga input instead you should have been supplyed with a adapter.