Thomson 27LB125B5 HD READY

1 day to go guy's ill post pic's when it get it

i should have my TV later on to day. Time it should be here is 7.30 am till 1 pm so post to come just after as long as i dont tell them its no good

Ok the TV came to day and it is not the model that's in the book its model number 27lcdb03bbk.

CLICK HERE FOR THE LCD

Realy nice looking shame there is lots of crap in side the screen look's like water lol. OK i could not see any ghosting are anything like that but then i only hade it on for around 5 min. I was unable to get the screen to run @ 1280 x 720 My GFX card is a GF6800. Naw i have to give ARGOS 48 houres to get back to me with a pic up date :thumbsdow . The screen only has 1 scart
as well :suicide:

jtorry how long did it take to get ure £££ back thank's

Slim ,
thats gutting mate

I think argos are being really cheecky offering one brand of tv and then shipping another.

did they say anything when you called them up to complain ?

its kind of weird, that the manual on the thompson site for the tv they advertise has DRAUGHT written on it, my guess is that Argos are waiting for thompson to deliver a bathc of the new models.

Well I hope that is the case.

Let me know how you get on mate

ok it took a few days to for them to collect then a few days more for the refund. To get native res 1280x720, in your Nvidia control panel set the device to 720p then it outputs a lovely image over DVI, over VGA i could not get it to work iirc.

Hello m8 just phoned them againe and there coming to pick the Screen up on the 17/11 so in all thay would have hade my money for 13 day's. Thay asked if i was told that i would be getting a Substitute SET in store and at NO time was i told this.

I side to that ( IF i wanted a different TV i would haved payed for one ) and thats about it realy no sorry for sending out the wrong tv and no ruch to pick it up. I will not buy a TV from ARGOS againe are anything that thay have to drop off are pick up for that matter.

jtorry said:
ok it took a few days to for them to collect then a few days more for the refund. .
DID you pay with a card ? as i payed them CASH. Im told i will get a slip that i take in to my store and then ill get a refund

jtorry said:
To get native res 1280x720, in your Nvidia control panel set the device to 720p then it outputs a lovely image over DVI, over VGA i could not get it to work iirc.

Its all back in its box now :( ( YOU no the VGA cable that came with it ?.
one end vga plug the othere end RED GREEN BLUE did it work as i could not get it working. All so i could not get it to work with my dvd player in PROGRESSIVE mode using RED GREEN AND BLUE CABLE that i use with my plasma :suicide:

the vga adapter worked fine for me to enable progressive scan. The Component sockets on the set do not carry a progressive signal, so you have to use the VGA adapter.

I think argos are totally taking the **** here to be honest.
I have just mailed thompson to find out if the set argos advertise is actually available yet, and if not when `will it be available

Well i think im going to get a samsung set naw at lest that's seam's to be a nice set

I suppose then if they sending out rubbish I better cancel the order.

It's a little strange as I'm sure the spec on the TV has changed or was it always 1 Scart Socket??? If so I don't think I would of actually chosen the unit at all.

I'd rather cancel the order than wait to go through the whole process of what to expect and only be disappointed with the end result of a cheaper set.

Did you try the set as in watching TV etc?

Horace2000 said:
It's a little strange as I'm sure the spec on the TV has changed or was it always 1 Scart Socket??? If so I don't think I would of actually chosen the unit at all.
In the book it say's its got 2 x scart sockets

Horace2000 said:
Did you try the set as in watching TV etc?

NO m8 i got it out hade a look put the screen on had a play the seen it only hade 1 scart so put it a way and that was that its sat on the floor in the living room. WASTE OF TIME

Not got round to cancelling the order yet but still not heard anything from Argos, it seems the models have another obvious difference the 125B5 has a 8ms response rate compared to the fob off model that has 16ms.....

I dont want blur vision I want super crisp super clean lines!!!!!

Not good, but well we shall see

FINGERS CROSSED the ARGOS turn up and take this TV away so i can get money back and get it in to my bank account ready to get the samsung

OK argos bean picked up the screen and i now got to go get me £££ back from argos. ABOUT time if you ask me and there is no way i will buy anything from argos againe that i can not take a way with me there and then.

well my tv arrived today, ecactly the same model , ( the crap one ) dont know if I mentioned but I contacted thompson europe , heres there email reply
Subject: Your request regarding the 27LB125B5 (KMM1361943I6774L0KM)

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting the THOMSON Helpline.

In reply to your question, the 27LB125B5 is not available yet and no exact date of release has been planned yet.

Now i am pretty sure argos are breaking some kind of law here, i know they say they have the option of replacing a unit with the same or better , but this is worse , also they would NEVER be able to ship the model they where & still are advertising !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am going to take this further, F ** em con mearchants

Well that is worth knowing, now chasing up my cancellation order, not sure if I should tell them that I now have recieved my £10 voucher, might keep mum on it for now and see if they bring it up.

DarkBytes said:
well my tv arrived today, ecactly the same model , ( the crap one ) dont know if I mentioned but I contacted thompson europe , heres there email reply
Subject: Your request regarding the 27LB125B5 (KMM1361943I6774L0KM)

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting the THOMSON Helpline.

In reply to your question, the 27LB125B5 is not available yet and no exact date of release has been planned yet.

Now i am pretty sure argos are breaking some kind of law here, i know they say they have the option of replacing a unit with the same or better , but this is worse , also they would NEVER be able to ship the model they where & still are advertising !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am going to take this further, F ** em con mearchants

Yes m8 why not if i hade of known that its not in the UK at all then i would have sean about taking them to Small Claims Court. As there trying to shift older Screen's and thay no it. Thay look at it like this ( Send them out the old screen's we got realy cheap and most people wont say anything )

Most of the JO PUBLIC wont no that there getting RIPPED OFF all they see is a nice new LCD TV

Horace2000 said:
Well that is worth knowing, now chasing up my cancellation order, not sure if I should tell them that I now have recieved my £10 voucher, might keep mum on it for now and see if they bring it up.

OK u dont have to give them the £10 gift voucher. Thay did not ask me for it so i did not give it them lol. I got back the full £500 + £5 P&P

ok guys go to THIS PLACE NICE AND CHEAP.

If you ask to TALK to Andy are Heidi thay will sort you out smashin: All so tell them that you got told about them from AVFORUMS :smashin:

Hi Slim / jtorry,

I too have ordered the same 27" Thomson from Argos. I read your threads with horror.. Gutted to see you have been stitched up. I ordered mine on the 5th Nov and am waiting delivery. If they palm me off with the older unit I will let you all know ( & send it back unwrapped). I'm then going to print this lot off and send it to Trading Standards... This may involve showing them this site. It's illegal to advertise something they never had in stock. If Thomson haven't released the Thomson 27LB125B5 here in the UK as your thread confirms then Argos should upgrade.. Money back is a con as they have kept our £'s for up to 30 days knowing full well they can't deliver.. Lets see what happens..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom