Thomson 27 LCDB03 Widescreen problems from my PC on DVI

T

Trickweazel

Just finished putting together a HTPC for the living room. I've got a Thomson 27LCDB03 and have connected it to the PC on the DVI connection. It's all fine and dandy apart from the fact that I cant get the PC to work with the TV at the TV's native resolution (1280 x 768). It will run at 1024 x 768 with the TV going into 4:3 mode without any problem but the moment you try to get it into 1280 x 768 and the TV into 16:9 it just reboots the pc and goes into a bootloop cycle.

The video card is an ATI Atlantis 9000 fanless but I have also tried it with an ATI Sapphire 8500 and get the same result. Has anyone tried running a DVI input from a pc into this particualr TV? anyone any ideas at all about the problem?

have you got the latest ati drivers installed.

Oh yes, latest version of Catylyst installed and working well.

I've been running one of these sets from DVI for about a year. I initially had a few problems making it work right via DVI, which I think required having both the VGA and DVI cables plugged in while configuring, it's been fine since then though. I'm using a Sapphire Radeon 9600 Non-Pro with Powerstrip to drive the screen at 1280x720 at 48, 50 and 60Hz.

I've no idea why trying to run at 1280x768 would cause a problem, I've done so before, does the computer reboot as soon as you switch to 1280x768 or when you switch the TV to 16:9 mode?

How you guys rate and compare this screen with the bigger and "better" screens from panasonic and sharp etc.. Any obvious flaws? Blacks black enough for ya etc....?

I got this LCD yesterday and I am really impressed so far. One problem I am having is with displaying native res from my PC. I can get it working over VGA at 1280x768, but the only stable image over DVI is 1024x768. VGA looks great, but I really wanted to keep that free for progressive signals as the component only accepts interlaced signals. Can anyone help with the DVI problem before I buy a VGA switch box? Thanks.

I have managed to get this working now. For anyone that is interested I am using a Nvidia 6800GT and had to set the display to treat it as an HDTV and output 720p. The image is now crystal clear at 1280x720 over DVI and makes the VGA look very average in comparison.

I am really impressed with this TV with PC gaming and HD Xbox games looking really great. I will try and get some pics taken tomorrow.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom