Quantcast

thomson 27 lcd & dvi dvd?

I

ianmidz

Guest
hi, just bought the Thomson lcd and am really please with it. wanted to get a dvd player to take advantge of the dvi input- but the instruction manual says this is for pc use only! does this mean i cannt use a machine such as samsung 935? anyone tried it ?

cheers
 

Dutch

Well-known Member
Hi Ian,

The Samsung will output 720p and 1080i signals from the DVI, but these are HDTV resolutions, not computer resolutions. A player such as the Momitsu V880 can output computer resolutions also, such as 1280x768 and 1024x768. Hope this helps.

Steve
 
I

ianmidz

Guest
thanks for that- i thought the samsung would output 480p and 576p through the dvi output- will this not display on the Thomson?
 

Dutch

Well-known Member
Hi Ian,

It might accept 480p due to it's similarity to the computer resolution of 640x480. This is like the DVI input on my plasma, it will accept 480p, but not 576p. Hope this helps.

Steve
 

MKPatrick

Novice Member
ianmidz said:
thanks for that- i thought the samsung would output 480p and 576p through the dvi output- will this not display on the Thomson?
My Thomson 27LCD happily accepts 480p, 576p, 720p and 1080i over DVi from my Neustn MC500 network streamer

Patrick
 

WonkyEwok

Active Member
MKPatrick said:
My Thomson 27LCD happily accepts 480p, 576p, 720p and 1080i over DVi from my Neustn MC500 network streamer

Patrick
Could you say what frequencies it'll accept those at please (/50 or /60)?

Thanks
 

MKPatrick

Novice Member
WonkyEwok said:
Could you say what frequencies it'll accept those at please (/50 or /60)?

Thanks
480p, 720p and 1080i all output at 60hz from the Neuston. 576p comes in at 50hz. There's an option to output 1080i at 50hz from the Neuston but not over DVi so I've not tried it.

Patrick
 

WonkyEwok

Active Member
MKPatrick said:
480p, 720p and 1080i all output at 60hz from the Neuston. 576p comes in at 50hz. There's an option to output 1080i at 50hz from the Neuston but not over DVi so I've not tried it.

Patrick
Thanks! If you could answer one more question, will the Thompson cope with 720p/50? That would be good for upscaled PAL dvds (and future SKY HD from what I've read).

Could you also say which model it is, or is there only one Thompson 26"?

Thanks again
 

Similar threads

Top Bottom