1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thompson scenium where from

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Prone, May 26, 2005.

1. Prone

Prone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have just removed a foot fish tank from my living room wall, the tank was in the conservatory with a 72" x 26" viewing panel in the living room. now the questions,

1) I intend to blank the hole off with a 3mm steel plate with 9mm plaster board either side, and place a DLP RP in the cavity, can any see any problems with the steel plate?
    2) Reading the forum the Samsung SP50 looks a good option, but because of the location the stand rules out this choice this has left me with the Thomson Scenium 50 " or the Sagem Axium, but I can't find a supplier for the Thomson or if Sagem are going to fix the HDCP issue on new stock,
    Any advice much appreaciated,

Regards,

Prone

2. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +910
    i think comet online are doing the 50" thomson for just under 3k not sure if they have them in any of there stores but i did see 1 in harrods if your anywhere near london :thumbsup:

3. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,504
    Beware of the thompson as it is ment to have a poor viewing angle.

The RD50 is the next generation sagem 50', it has HDCP but suffers from lack of 60Hz support. The picture judders.

:)