1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thompson DTH 7000

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by kirkleech, Jun 23, 2004.

Tags:
  1. kirkleech

kirkleech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone one know if it is possible to increase Hard Drive space on the Thompson DTh 7000?

Many thanks

2. MikeD

MikeD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi there I would like to know if this is possible also and if so how.

Regards MikeD

3. scrisp

scrisp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes it is possible. I'm not yet sure how big you can go up to, but when you do you will need to Format the HDD (after HDD change)

You turn on the player and wait for MENU Screen. Then hold buttons AV and STOP. After 3-4 sec. see you FORMAT on the display. Your standard IDE HDD is formated, clean and ready for recording:)

Hope this helps

Also, does anyone know if they can take data from the dvd hdd to a normal PC???

4. kirkleech

kirkleech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Scrisp, thanks for that, don't want to appear stupid, but do you have to purchase extra hard drive and add it, if so it this easy, or is their extra space on the machine that you just activate?

Sorry, can't help you with your question.

5. MikeD

MikeD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Kirkleech yes you need a new hard drive but I havent heard of anyone successfully upgrading to a larger drive on the DTH7000.

I heard several reports of some who tried but the larger drive only installed as a 40 gig.

I also read somewhere that it is not advisable to use a 7200 rpm drive as it takes longer to spin up and the Thomson can time out.

Having said that, everything above is what others have posted and not my personal experience, I would also dearly like to upgrade my DTH7000.

Scrisp, follow the link below for downloading info to PC

http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=1774622#post1774622

Regards, MikeD