Thompson DHD4000 losing recordings?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Gregory, May 31, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Gregory

Gregory

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi all,

I have a Thompson DHD4000 PVR, and am generally very pleased with it. However, over the weekend, almost all recordings disappeared. I am a little confused by this since all would have seemed more credible - but about 10 disappeared and three were left (the oldest three as it happens). Two potential causes come to mind - firstly, it was powered down and moved during the weekend. Secondly, we have two children (aged 11 and 9) - who though they assiduously deny they had anything to do with it, have had times when they have accidently done something they shouldn't have (and sometimes not realised).

However, neither of these seems a very likely explanation, so I was left wondering if anyone else has had a 'disappearing recording' incident with the machine. And, if it was the power, what is the safer way of shutting down the PVR?

Cheers

Greg

2. newbiebie

newbiebie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hasnt happened to me in 4 months.. yet.

Have you upgraded the drive cause this causes all sorts of weird problems with some users.

3. Gregory

Gregory

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    No, haven't touched it at all (unusually for me)