Thompson 28wf401 icc20 100hz failure after warm up

W

weals

Thompson 28wf401, starts up and works fine for a while then goes to standby flashes error code 2 then 6 or maybe 7. Local repair chap seems to think it is eht transformer or tube. Transformer is ~£60, tube is not a viable price. Is it worth spending out on the transformer only to find the tube is scrap anyway? Anybody else had similar experience?

Thompson 28wf401, starts up and works fine for a while then goes to standby flashes error code 2 then 6 or maybe 7. Local repair chap seems to think it is eht transformer or tube.

It won't be the lopt (eht transformer), they don't go intermittent...they either work or go short-circuit and don't work 99.9% of the time.
Before suspecting the crt tell him to replace the most common cause of that error code which is CL033...a 510nF 250v Capacitor mounted in the centre of the pcb behind TL100...it will be dry-jointed...but tell him not to resolder it but to replace it as the arcing damages it internally and it breaks down under load...this is the single most-common fault you get on an ICC20 chassis...tell him to check CL031 nearby for a dry joint as well.

It won't be the lopt (eht transformer), they don't go intermittent...they either work or go short-circuit and don't work 99.9% of the time.
Before suspecting the crt tell him to replace the most common cause of that error code which is CL033...a 510nF 250v Capacitor mounted in the centre of the pcb behind TL100...it will be dry-jointed...but tell him not to resolder it but to replace it as the arcing damages it internally and it breaks down under load...this is the single most-common fault you get on an ICC20 chassis...tell him to check CL031 nearby for a dry joint as well.

Thanks JayCee, resoldering CL031 just got my Thomson up and running again from a 2-5 fault. :)

Glad to hear it...hope you resoldered CL033 at the same time.

Had this on a ICC20 also, Good call on that cap, i missed the dry joint on CL033 at first look.. Its also worth soldering TL100.. on our repair this was badly dry jointed.

Mark.

Guys,

My TV model is 28WF401G.

I read this post and I am experiencing te same problem in my TV. It starts and works fine for some time. After a while, it switched off by itself and the red light starts flashing intermittently at the front. I initially thought there mus be some lock in TV (as per the manual). So, I tried all the options as per the manual. But no luck and I am not sure what the problem is. Is it worth- while to call an engineer to look at this problem or shall I go for another TV (not new as my son is 2.5 years old and smacking everything). Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom