Thomas Crowne Affair - the music

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by gilesm, Aug 5, 2004.

1. gilesm

gilesm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all

Wonder if anyone can help. I quite like Thomas Crowne Affair (with Pierce Brosnan) - please don't flame me, but I guess it's mostly because of the music.

Anyway I bought the sound track the other day and the bit I really like is when he's about to put the painting back, the musics sort of clapping and clicky. Now on the album there's sinner man, but the clicky bit lasts for about 10 seconds, and I'm sure during the film it seems to go on for hours. Does anyone know if it's just a mix of sinner man, or if it's actually a pice of music?

Cheers

2. Mr.The.Spoon

Mr.The.Spoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    This is one of my favourite movies and the sound track, especially the hand clapping in the final robbery, really helps.
    I think it was composed by Bill Conti specifically for the movie. I've seen other comments with people disappointed you can't get a longer cut of it on a soundtrack.
    Guess you should look out for CDs of Bill Conti's music, and one might have it.

3. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    One of my favourite movie soundtracks as well.

Coincidentally one of my all time favourite film scores is Michel Legrand's music for the original '60s "Thomas Crown Affair". A dazzling blend of Swinging Sixties "hip" and cool Euro symphonic-jazz influences. Magic!

Available on a beautifully remastered and expanded MGM CD. :thumbsup:

4. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    I love both the original and remake of this as well...I'll look for the original soundtrack as well then :)

Thanks

Matt

5. loa

loa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I may be a bit late, but having seen this unanswered thread during my search for the same song, I thought it worthwhile to leave a note of where I found the song in its entirety.

You can get the full version of the song on Nina Simone's album "Nina Simone: Compact Jazz". It's a full 10 minutes long. In case you also suffer from iPod addiction, it is available for download on the iTunes Music Store.

Cheers,

loa

6. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    There was also a full soundtrack CD produced which contains the full score - have been trying to get a copy myself - but it was not released for general sale. It does crop up on ebay every now and then, but as it's ebay, there are also copies around.