This will interest cricket fans!

nibb

Established Member
Reaction score
This was taken after our innings about 4 weeks ago.

We were 38-2 after 8 overs!:eek:

It's listed on the Cricinfo website as the 2nd highest score ever in 45 over non-first class cricket.:eek:

Image098.jpg

I am not one of those guys by the way!!:rotfl:

I wish I had half the talent!!:smashin:

I was there though and it was absolute mayhem, the guy on the left hit 24 x 6's!:eek: :eek:

nibb said:
This was taken after our innings about 4 weeks ago.

We were 38-2 after 8 overs!:eek:

It's listed on the Cricinfo website as the 2nd highest score ever in 45 over non-first class cricket.:eek:

That's a phenomenal score after a steady start :smashin: .

The highest score on the website( haven't looked yet) isn't by the team you were playing against, is it :eek: ..:D

No, they were right :censored: off and all out for 175!:smashin:

No the highest was Barcelona v Costa Del Sol!!:rotfl:

I bet the two batsmen out early took a ribbing off their mates :D

Actually the opening bowlers bowled ok at the start, and afterwards everyone was too ****** to rib the other guys as the champagne was flowing to celebrate the records falling!! :arty:

From 1 remarkable match to another (I hope you don't mind!): I see hampshire used 11 bowlers in their match against Middlesex yesterday, including the wicketkeeper :eek:

That can't have happened too often.......

The use of "joke bowlers" is a device to feed a team with runs in order to quickly reach a pre-agreed score wherupon the batters will declare having set an attainable target for a run chase.

Cricketers tend to guard their statistics carefully and no bowler would like "joke runs" worsening their average which is why they use batsmen for this task.

Pakistan were effectively accused of cheating by the umpires so staged a protest by refusing to come out after tea thus forfeiting the game.

Cricket balls lose their shape or get damaged and in such circumstances the umpires will replace the ball. In this case the umpires deemed that the damage had been caused deliberately and awarded five penalty runs to England as the batting side and allowed the English batsmen to choose the replacement ball.

Damaging a cricket ball deliberately is cheating so by the umpires actions the Pakistanis were deemed to be cheats.

It made me chuckle a bit seeing Mike Atherton discussing the cheat storm, what with him being caught out rubbing some substance into the ball a few years back....:D

Is there any evidence that they did actually cheat?
With all the cameras there it shouldn't be a problem to prove it.

They were discussing it for at least a couple of hours and in that time they failed to show any video evidence of any wrongdoing...

A five run penalty seems a bit pathetic. Not much of a deterrent. Perhaps at least a hundred run penalty would be better.

They're not exactly going to own up to it though are they? By walking off and making a statement of intent not to play, they are refuting the allegation. If they just keep on playing and take the punishment on the chin it sends out a message that they've been caught with their trousers down.

I wouldn't put it past the Pakistanis to cheat though, and it's normally pretty obvious when a cricket ball has been tampered with.

leej said:
A five run penalty seems a bit pathetic. Not much of a deterrent. Perhaps at least a hundred run penalty would be better.

I don't really understand the penalty that was imposed either. A few months ago Shahid Afridi was caught on camera scuffing up the pitch in order to give their spinners (including himself) some extra rough to aim at. He was banned for the next two test matches.

Deliberately tampering with the ball to make it reverse swing more is cheating as much as what Afridi did and an extra five runs awarded to the batting side is a ridiculous penalty as most bowlers would happily gouge a lump out of the cricket ball if they knew that it would only cost them five runs.

If the umpires knew who did it the individual should receive a lengthy ban. If they don't know who did it I don't see how they can be sure that it was done deliberately as Pietersen constantly battering a cricket ball against the boundary walls could also take lumps out of it.

What is it about England / Pakistan Test Matches that attracts so much controversy.

Ian J said:
What is it about England / Pakistan Test Matches that attracts so much controversy.

The umpires? I don't know the history between Darly Hair and Pakistan but it must be pretty serious for Pakistan not wanting him to officiate. Wasn't that the same situation with that umpire involved in the Mike Gatting incident years ago.

Some of the controversial issues surrounding Darrell Hair are listed on the Cricinfo site here but they seem to have missed out one or two as it was Hair who adjudged Inzi run out in Pakistan when it seems that he was merely trying to avoid being hit by a cricket ball thrown by Harmison.

I believe that it was also Hair who ordered one of the Pakistani bowlers out of the attack in the same series for constantly running on the pitch.

lol Darrell Hair hes a right laugh its been belived for years he does not favour teams of colour. Come on lets admit it though great that we won the series but some of the decisions he got wrong was crazy in all the matchs all agaist the pakistanis. The best one was the nick he missed everyone in the crowd heard it hahahah.

Thanks for that site Ian J, added to favourites. I think the umpires have made a massive error.

RoNaLdiNhO said:
Come on lets admit it though great that we won the series but some of the decisions he got wrong was crazy in all the matchs all agaist the pakistanis.

It is great that we won it after the Sri Lanka debacle. It just leaves a bit of a sour taste with all the umpiring errors. If ever there was a series that proved tv replays need to be used, this was it.

RoNaLdiNhO said:
lol Darrell Hair hes a right laugh its been belived for years he does not favour teams of colour. Come on lets admit it though great that we won the series but some of the decisions he got wrong was crazy in all the matchs all agaist the pakistanis. The best one was the nick he missed everyone in the crowd heard it hahahah.

The windies arent white and far as i know hair hasnt been involved in a problems with them so i dont think the colour issue is the problem.Perhaps its just the rep that follows pakistan which he finds the problem.

I think that the anti Asian comments may be because he has no-balled the Sri Lankan Murali a lot feeling that his action is suspect - well so do most of the rest of the cricketing world

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom