This weekend's benefit concert ...

Zincubus

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the upcoming weekend benefit concert in Manchester ??

Just kinda concerned that Aria Grande is performing again ... I know many , in the know , believe that they targeted her concert due to her risqué song lyrics / videos / lifestyle !?!

Surely the chances of them targeting her again or even Manchester maybe very tempting if only to make a point ??

On a side note who chose the acts ??

If they targeted Aria Grande due to her supposedly sleepy lifestyle/ videos then they won't be too impressed with Myley Cyrus also being on stage !?

Also I would have expected that this concert would be the ideal time for Oasis to reform if only for one night ..

I think it is great. I love that if you were at the concert on the night you get free tickets to this one.

I have to admit that I'm not surprised to hear the speculation as to why it was her concert that was targeted. I don't think I've ever seen her with 'normal' clothes on, isn't it usually lounge wear and swimsuits? My daughter (who is now 15) used to listen to her, but she grew out of it a couple of years ago.

Also, I think the audience were the targets. Children :(

I don't think she is the worst 'offender' with the risqué stuff, Little Mix probably take that crown. I have to admit to being pretty disgusted at school discos when the kids are all dancing and singing along to songs about, well, shagging...

The lunatics hijacked planes and faced certain death in the belief that they would be drinking a cuppa with Mohammed that evening.

Anything is a target for them and nothing would surprise me anymore.

Security will be through the roof I would expect, so as far as safety and likelihood of a follow up attack I would think lower than normal.

As for Aria Grande, must admit I had never heard of her before all of this, I guess I've reached that age where mention of most current artists would be met with a "who?".

My first thoughts was whether any of the artists or organisers are profiting from it. I know it says that all proceeds will go to helping those affected by the attack but the cynic in me asks "Proceeds after what? After actual expenses or after fees/income taken by the artists and organisers".

Cheers,

Nigel

My first thoughts was whether any of the artists or organisers are profiting from it. I know it says that all proceeds will go to helping those affected by the attack but the cynic in me asks "Proceeds after what? After actual expenses or after fees/income taken by the artists and organisers".

Cheers,

Nigel

Pretty sure they are all doing it for free.

All the artists performing have waived their usual fees, a source close to the event told the M.E.N.
taken from Ariana Grande confirms Manchester benefit concert details

I doubt any income will be taken from the artists in all honesty.

There will be costs, and they will be astronomical. But I think (hope) a lot of it will be done on 'mates rates'.

The only question I have is how can something this big be organised so quickly?

I've heard that the concert is hoping to raise 2 million pounds for the victims which can't be bad, it's about 70 pound a ticket but spectators from the previous concert will have free entry AFAIK.

I doubt any income will be taken from the artists in all honesty.

There will be costs, and they will be astronomical. But I think (hope) a lot of it will be done on 'mates rates'.

Hope so. Hate to thinking of Ticket Agencies etc. making £1000s profit off the back of human suffering.

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited:
Hope so. Hate to thinking of Ticket Agencies etc. making £1000s profit off the back of human suffering.

Cheers,

Nigel
People involved with putting the concert on are doing it for free, but I wouldn't be surprised if some tickets will still pop up on resale sites from scalpers. These scalpers have no shame.

They had a concert there on Saturday so staging will have unlikely been untouched. Most of the artists were at Radio 1's big weekend over the weekend as well so will have known if they needed to stay over here.

They had a concert there on Saturday so staging will have unlikely been untouched. Most of the artists were at Radio 1's big weekend over the weekend as well so will have known if they needed to stay over here.
Michael Carrick was apparently having a testimonial next door planned for the weekend and he/his management have graciously stepped aside.

Michael Carrick was apparently having a testimonial next door planned for the weekend and he/his management have graciously stepped aside.

The kick off was at 4pm but they have moved it to 2.30pm to give time for the area to clear. I think the concert is starting around 7pm.

Just kinda concerned that Aria Grande is performing again ... I know many , in the know , believe that they targeted her concert due to her risqué song lyrics / videos / lifestyle !?!

Surely the chances of them targeting her again or even Manchester maybe very tempting if only to make a point ??

If they targeted Aria Grande due to her supposedly sleepy lifestyle/ videos then they won't be too impressed with Myley Cyrus also being on stage !?

Also I would have expected that this concert would be the ideal time for Oasis to reform if only for one night ..

concert also Live on BBC ONE Sunday 6:55pm

The only question I have is how can something this big be organized so quickly?

How is a major concert organised at short notice? - BBC News

Ricky Gervais said he was asked along to a charity fundraiser, the artists performed for free but expenses were paid

"So I arrived by helicopter..."

People involved with putting the concert on are doing it for free, but I wouldn't be surprised if some tickets will still pop up on resale sites from scalpers. These scalpers have no shame.

Some people who originally bought from resale sites have been told they're not eligible for free tickets but the tout who originally bought the ticket is. fudgeed up.

Some people who originally bought from resale sites have been told they're not eligible for free tickets but the tout who originally bought the ticket is. fudgeed up.
Seen some of those people who bought from resale sites blaming the organisers, saying it's outrageous they can't get the free tickets.

It's difficult for the organisers to do anything differently as they don't have the details of these people who bought from the resale sites. How are the organisers supposed to know who you are and whether you really had a ticket or not? They only have the details of the scalper.

Does this apply even if you kept your ticket?

Seen some of those people who bought from resale sites blaming the organisers, saying it's outrageous they can't get the free tickets.

It's difficult for the organisers to do anything differently as they don't have the details of these people who bought from the resale sites. How are the organisers supposed to know who you are and whether you really had a ticket or not? They only have the details of the scalper.

They had these people's details as they went through the registration as they were told to, only to be denied anyway. No idea what the reason was but even with proof the tout took priority.

Cheers,

Nigel
Hope so. I know the ticket master booking for the Radio 1 thing last week was £8.50 per ticket. All of that money was kept by ticketmaster. That's a lot of money over 50,000 tickets

They had these people's details as they went through the registration as they were told to, only to be denied anyway. No idea what the reason was but even with proof the tout took priority.
But then couldn't I go through the same registration, claiming I have a ticket?

Surely the 'registration' is just cross checking against name & addresses details of the person they dispatched the tickets for the original concert to? If your details in the registration match against someone they dispatched the tickets to originally, you get confirmation. If it doesn't match any details they already hold from the original concert, it gets rejected.

Comments like 'it's outrageous','it's disgusting' to the organisers feels a bit 'no good deed goes unpunished' for me.

Last edited:

Ariana Grande got her people to ring round her friends and acquaintances.
As for why they targeted young girls it wouldn't surprise me if it had something to do with the recent investigations.
As for Oasis reforming please spare us. I know some people like them obviously but it just passed me by as an average band with a bad singer. My opinion I am allowed one before anybody starts. :p.

As for why they targeted young girls it wouldn't surprise me if it had something to do with the recent investigations.
Islamists are extreme misogynists
- in their own lands they terrorise and murder women and girls - for the crimes of education and other total bullshit (incl Saudi executions for trumped up fornication/adultery/sorcery charges etc)

Lovely, victim blaming. Stay classy.

Best we all dress like Arabs and adhere to Sharia law in case we offend any more deranged terrorc*nts.

Well that didn't take long :laugh:

I thought it was great as soon as I heard she was returning to do a benefit concert. Worrying about what might happen at this one is pretty pointless - there are concerts and sporting events happening every day so the risks are identical.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom