• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

Question This type of judder/ghosting can't possibily be normal, can it?

TVREGRET

A few days ago I bought my first flatscreen TV ever: A Hisense H55U7B.

At first I was very happy with the sound and picture but then I watched an episode of "The boys" (4k HDR) on the built in Amazon Prime App. It had terrible ghosting or juddering when in motion. I took a slomo video of it. Please have a look. It's especially visible in the last few seconds. I had all picture or motion "enhancements" turned completely off. Gaming Mode didn't help either.

This can't possibily be, what Hisense is considering acceptable? Is there any way to mitigate this?

I took a look at the still frames on a computer and while they obviously have a lot of motion blur, they are definitely not like this. It was really distraction to me and even a friend who ususally never notices even bigger issues with images agreed, that it was bad.

Please help!

John72

Novice Member
Hi, I had a similar problem, but on youtube. Helped with setup:
My picture mode is set to Standard.
Ultra smooth movement ... OFF.
Noise reduction .... OFF
MPEG noise reduction ... OFF
Alternatively, switch off the TV with this setting. And turn off the mains power for 1 minute.

TVREGRET

Thanks but I already had all these settings and taking it off the mains (which I usually do anyway) made no difference. I even bought a (used) Amazon Fire TV Stick because I hoped that it was a problem with the built in apps but nope.

I took a video of an even more terrible example: Here.

Dodgexander

This is the same motion complaint people have noticed with the U8Q and also the American H9G. It's not related to interpolation, I personally think its just a slow response time. Its pretty normal on slow TVs using 60hz VA panels, but in particular to some more than others seems to be a bigger problem with Hisense models.

I had to remove your extra thread btw, since it was a duplicate of this one.

Take a look here: 2020 Hisense H9G / Q9G series 55" & 65&quot...

TVREGRET

This is the same motion complaint people have noticed with the U8Q and also the American H9G. It's not related to interpolation, I personally think its just a slow response time. Its pretty normal on slow TVs using 60hz VA panels, but in particular to some more than others seems to be a bigger problem with Hisense models.

I had to remove your extra thread btw, since it was a duplicate of this one.

Take a look here: 2020 Hisense H9G / Q9G series 55" & 65&quot...
You probably have much more experience in this matter, than I do but I am not so sure about the response time. I tried to device a test for my problem by connecting my PC, setting it to send 60htz images and than "recreated" the scene in this seciond video by having a skin colour background and then moving small and big blobs of black through them really fast. And of course there was some ghosting but it wasn't nearly as bad nor did it create these red streaks. But of course that really isn't scientific.

EDIT: Ok... read the thread you posted and obviously that is what it is. So my test is even less relevant.

I hate to go through the trouble but I will have to send the tv back.

Dodgexander

@TVREGRET its made worse with a lower frame rate source since the gap between each frame is larger. If you send 60hz to the TV you are filling in the extra frames and the blur won't be as bad.

Some people have had joy with a T-Con replacement, but if I were you I'd return the TV while you still can for a replacement.

TVREGRET

@TVREGRET its made worse with a lower frame rate source since the gap between each frame is larger. If you send 60hz to the TV you are filling in the extra frames and the blur won't be as bad.

Some people have had joy with a T-Con replacement, but if I were you I'd return the TV while you still can for a replacement.
Unfortunately there probably won't be a replacement, since I bought it from an ebay-shop that sells things that have been returned to other retailers. Usually those things are supposed to be as good as new, but I suspect that the first buyer either didn't report their reason for the return or they weren't specific enough so that the reseller quickly checked the TV, saw no problems (it took me 3 days to notice as well) and then sold it to me.

THX1138UK

Unfortunately there probably won't be a replacement, since I bought it from an ebay-shop that sells things that have been returned to other retailers. Usually those things are supposed to be as good as new, but I suspect that the first buyer either didn't report their reason for the return or they weren't specific enough so that the reseller quickly checked the TV, saw no problems (it took me 3 days to notice as well) and then sold it to me.
All items sold still have to be fit for purpose, unless you purchased it knowing it was faulty or defective and that was clearly stated at the time of purchase. The sales of Good Act still applies to refurbished and second hand goods.

Go back to the seller, state your case and ask them to make it right. If they can’t fix it (which sounds unlikely if it’s a known product fault), then they should offer a suitable exchange or refund.

Also, if you used a credit card to pay, you have protection through your credit card company on any purchase over £100.

Regards,
James.

TVREGRET

Thanks, but I am in Germany and luckily there won't be any problem returning it. I think I could return it even without any reason for 30 days. It only annoys me, since I have been researching for so long and was so happy to get the good price for this return model and was so happy at first with the TV, only to now be so disappointed, have to try and repackage it, arrange the return, wait for the pick up and and then start searching all over again. And probably pay more next time. :(

Charles B

I can't follow the i.d. numbers so I don't know if you are talking about my set or not. The fixes in the second message don't appear on my menu as options - the only one that might be applicable is Game ON or Off. My model number is 55R6090G5. I've had it for a month and in the last week some instances of multi-image 'juddering' are appearing. But not all the time. Most of it is on ESPN but NOT when it's a live broadcast. Highlights, replays, and even some commercials sometimes have the problem.

Where should I look for help?

Thnx - Chuck

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom