This Time with Alan Partridge (BBC One) Series 2

Blimey his co presenter is gorgeous!

Loki has dated Susannah Fielding

Susannah-Fielding-photo-credit-Faye-Thomas-bw.jpg
d4fc6cf93309acdd307771cbb2aa8511.jpg
pg-42-fielding-1-sandison.jpg

Blows my chances then :(
Ditto, but then just as well it would never have lasted when she found my heart really belongs fo Famke.:laugh:

I had to agree with him on the sea lion soon as they mentioned it, I thought of this and they can be territorial. And Sea Leopards are worse.
Warning animal killed in video.

Last May ...
emily m @maitlis 9 May 2018

Look who I got stuck in a lift with...
#alanpartridge #awkward
Dcv13SdXUAANM_g.jpg

Her Telegraph article last week ...
The invitation last May had been an unusual one. Would I like to spend five hours going up and down in a lift at the BBC on a bank holiday Monday?

On every level that would be a no. Until I read the small print. I am being invited to play myself in Alan Partridge’s new BBC One series. And my love for him knows no bounds. Alan has been the third person in my marriage – from the early days of The Day Today, when I realised he had already satirised to perfection the career I was painfully trying to forge, to the long car journeys where we played the audio book of his guileless memoir, I Partridge, to the kids, gazing on their delight with fulsome parental pride through the rear-view mirror.

This invitation, then, is my professional and emotional coming of age. I will not only get to meet Alan Partridge, I will get to star – YES, STAR AS MYSELF – in a script lasting a good 17 seconds. Alan, you will remember, was last seen on the BBC in the Christmas special (Knowing Me Knowing Yule) before an unfortunate assault involving the commissioning editor Tony Hayers and a stuffed bird.

It was an altercation that ended Partridge’s career with the British broadcaster, led to a nervous breakdown, and sent him off into the North Norfolk Digital wilderness, like Jesus, for 40 days and 40 nights (roughly), halfway between the Linton Travel Tavern and a static caravan. But now, Hayers is long dead, and Alan is back.
Adam Cumiskey, Newsnight’s chief programme producer, is desperately concerned that I shouldn’t let down our own programme with my performance. “Remember,” he says. “You’re not meeting Alan Partridge in this lift. Don’t be all giddy. You’re meeting some creepy old BBC bloke you thought had died a decade ago who’s now asking for your number.”

The Coogan I meet in rehearsals is Partridge throughout. His look is sports casual: Sta-Prest trousers, green blazer and greased-down hair. He is trimmer than in past series. His hair is glossier. He has, for want of another phrase, “bounced back”.
GMB tweeted this pic of Alan on the left and some clunt on the right ...

D0T2wuTWsAAgAak.png

Last edited:
The two Susanna's :love::love::love:

Great return that. Lots of little in jokes, loved his advert plugging as well. The final scene in the elevator was fab :laugh:

Sidekick Simon always a bonus too.

Simon is great , his little awkward ticks were in overdrive

“So, Miss Clunt...”
“It’s Fluck.’”
“Ah, I see what I’ve done there.”

Then at the end of the interview he calls her C**t

^ Reminded me of the Red Nose charity song he did with Bjork, where they sang about Our Souls.:D

I've got to be honest here. Although it wasn't a total calamity it still was nowhere near up to the standards of previous Partridge. It wasn't as good an episode as most of KMKY, IAP Series 1&2, Scissored Isle etc.
I think the format with him and her in this opening episode just wasn't working as well as it could have. Alan shines when he's interviewing people who represent subjects that he finds uncomfortable or has personal issues with. Partridge with the Farmers Union rep, fashion designer, feminists and with Simon Pegg during the gay safe sex advice segment during red nose night several years ago are perfect examples. But him in this format with a total straight non-issue cohort just didn't work imo. I hope this is just because its the first episode and it improves with time?

For those that missed the safe sex interview, here it is.....

I fear the BBC may have stolen his chat ;)

Last edited:
Sorry to say I didn't think the first episode was very good :(

I'm a huge Partridge (and Coogan in general) fan and was really looking forward to this, but it all felt a bit "seen it all before".

Maybe we've become too familiar with Alan, so nothing he does comes as a surprise/shock.

The only moment that made me laugh out loud was the mix up over the guest's name, and even that was a bit ham-fisted.

Hopefully it'll pick up as the series progresses.

I've got to be honest here. Although it wasn't a total calamity it still was nowhere near up to the standards of previous Partridge...
Have to agree, that said there were several moments when I was genuinely ROTFLMAO and others where I was cringing at his gaffs. I think the show has yet to really find its feet, so fingers crossed.

The only bits that I really wasn't impressed with at all were the segment with the plonker who couldn't operate the huge touch screen TV (he needs to be dropped from the show ASAP) and the bit where Alan was miming using a toilet on a train. Both segments seemed forced and really didn't work.

Very disappointing first episode. Let's hope it gets better. Can't remember more than 2 LOL moments.

The only bits that I really wasn't impressed with at all were the segment with the plonker who couldn't operate the huge touch screen TV (he needs to be dropped from the show ASAP).

Sidekick Simon. He's good in MMM and in Alpha Papa with the gaffer taped shotgun helmet.

0_alan-partridge-in-the-stu-001.jpg

It's a miracle noone got seriously hurt (except Michael, who sadly died).

laughed a few times but some of it was cringe too
hopefully it will pick up

Sidekick Simon. He's good in MMM and in Alpha Papa with the gaffer taped shotgun helmet.
Alpha Papa? Aha...I knew I'd seen him somewhere before. Never seen MMM though.

AP has always had loads of cringe moments.
He should interview Ricky Gervais/David Brent.
The Tim Key moments weren't funny and you'd imagine set up for all the BBC1 older generation technophobe/clumsy viewers.
From the outset I wondered if it would've been better on BBC2.

He should interview Ricky Gervais/David Brent.

There was a rumour going around that this was going to happen for Comic Relief, not heard anything recently though. It would be interesting :p

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom