This Time with Alan Partridge (BBC One) Series 2

As long as it isn't a rehash of "Knowing Me, Knowing You" (which was as appealing as Monkey Tennis) I'll be happy.

Partridge is back at The Beeb!
Part David Cameron, part Piers Morgan – Alan Partridge returns in time for Brexit

4382.jpg

"Last time Alan Partridge hosted a primetime BBC show, he was sacked live on air for punching his boss in the face with a turkey. Now that the world has “realigned itself along Alan lines”, Norfolk’s most famous radio DJ returns from years in the wilderness with This Time with Alan Partridge."

Starts 25th February.

Huge Partridge fan, can't wait :D

Last edited:
Threads merged.
@raigraphixs your slipping up someone else had to report you already started a thread on the series.;):)

Threads merged.

Thanks, I did a search to see if one already existed but couldn't find one.

I'll have to go and sack Lynn :p

Thanks, I did a search to see if one already existed but couldn't find one.

I know I done searches and not found something that has been posted. ;)

Lynn's a good worker, but I suppose she's a bit like Burt Reynolds - very reliable but she's got a moustache.

Hirsute, my suit...AHAA!

So how come the Freeview EPG is listing an episode of "Would I Lie to You?" at 9:30pm on the 25th? :(

Has the first episode been delayed?

Anybody else having an issue on Youview of not being able to set this as a series link to record?

Still on 25th Feb ...
It was listing "EastEnders" at 9pm and "Would I Lie to You?" at 9:30pm when I tried to set it to record this morning. However, the EPG is now showing "Warren" and Partridge in those slots...as well as "BBC London News" at 10:40pm for some reason (I'm in Birmingham)!

EDIT: As is my non-Youview Digitalstream PVR too. Something very odd going on with the Freeview EPG today. :confused:

Last edited:
There are some Oscar nominees in that picture.

Kiss my face!
Can't wait for this.

Further to that TDT anniversary dinner ...
A photo posted by the actor David Schneider shows a smiling group shot: Schneider leaning in like any selfie-taker, surrounded by the grinning faces of Coogan, Chris Morris, Rebecca Front, Doon Mackichan, Patrick Marber, Peter Baynham and Armando Iannucci. “We’d not sat down in the same room for 15 years, so we all met up and had dinner. It was jolly nice, actually,” says Coogan.

Marber decided the 25th anniversary of their groundbreaking news parody, The Day Today, deserved a celebratory dinner. But the get-together was more than a chance to reminisce, as the talk turned to work projects and the possibility of a reunion. “Yeah, we said we should do something,” says Coogan. “Everyone has gone off and done their own thing. But 25 years is quite long enough to prove that you can do something else. So we may do a podcast or something … I don’t know.” But this wouldn’t be for old times’ sake. None of the team that wrote and performed that excoriating, angry comedy is looking to rehash the past. “There’s no point doing anything that is just based on nostalgia,” he says. “Because what we did was very edgy and challenging. You either do something equally relevant or don’t bother.”
A podcast would be fudgeing Jurassic Park! Could have their former On The Hour colleagues Lee & Herring back, if they and Marber have kissed and made up.
I ask him what his lapel badge means. It’s a small, white tooth; a molar, with a cartoon face drawn on it. It represents a shadowy showbiz organisation not unlike the Freemasons that “looks after” its members while doing philanthropic works. It may never get a mention in the script, he says. But it’s all been worked out and is authentic to the character. I still don’t know who is telling me this, Coogan or Partridge. In full wig and costume (he says it takes less makeup these days), he is hard to pin down. Neil Gibbons admits both brothers have had conversations with him where they are unsure who they are talking to.
Classic Queen!

4382.jpg

4286.jpg

Anybody else having an issue on Youview of not being able to set this as a series link to record?
Series link now working as of about 4am this morning (which was when I checked ;)).

Can't wait to sit down in front of this with a cup of beans.

I cannot wait for the Christmas special when he knocks out the head of the BBC again with a stuffed turkey!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom