This standard EPG...

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Tom Destry, Jan 14, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Tom Destry

Tom Destry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there any information about the functionality that will be covered by the standard EPG I keep hearing about? How will it compare to the TiVo software?

I'm mainly interested in recording every episode of a particular series.

Also while I'm here, when a PVR records from the EPG does it start and stop when the program begins and ends or when it is scheduled to begin and end. In other words, does it just follow the schedule or does it receive some sort of start and end signal.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    The TiVo software is way ahead of any other PVR, even Sky+
    TiVo & Sky+ are the only PVR's that do a series recording option and I have heard many people complain that Sky+ keeps loosing this and so the series no longer gets recorded. I have never had TiVo fail to record a series that I have set it to record.
    I'm not sure about other PVR's, but TiVo's recordings are directly linked to the EPG so if it overruns then you loose the ending unless you put padding on. TiVo does not have PDC and I don't believe any other PVR does either as I think PDC does not work on digital transmitions.

Mark.