1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Setup

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by mickyiz29, Mar 21, 2005.

1. mickyiz29

mickyiz29

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys n' Gals , finally decided to get rid of my Tosh Rear Pro and decided to go all Plasma :thumbsup:
    Bought the Panasonic TH42PWD6 from richer sounds for £1099 , now after much reading of these forums i have come to the conclusion of this setup :-
    New Slimline Tilting Plasma Wall Mount
    Pioneer VSX-C402 Home Cinema Receiver
    JS Technology RGB to VGA Converter
    Sky , Console and Dvd going into the amp , amp running to the js converter and js converter running to the Plasma .(wil this provide audio too ? )

What this newbie now needs to know is What cable is it that runs from the js converter to the plasma IE :- is it a vga male to female connector ?
    Also when using the VGA cable through the js converter am i going to need to route audio cables seperately or will the audio just work through this set up? any Ideas Really appreciated , my heads starting to hurt :confused:

2. JohnCCFC

JohnCCFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Generally audio and video are handled separately. Each device spits out both. There are no rules (??!) as long as they work. This doesn't mean that you can't put both them through the same amp, it depends on the quality/cable types on your amp. You do it whichever way will get the most benefit from each source (A/V).

My amp only handles my audio as it's video is s-video. I'm going for a RGB/Scart 4 to 1 connector box for video. Then to the JS RGB->VGA box. Very similar setup to yours.

If you look on av-sales and find the VGA cables they sell, it will be one of those.

Whats the PQ like on WD6?

3. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +477
    the vga cable is male both ends and as john says the usual approach is to run audio links from the source to the amp directly.

4. mickyiz29

mickyiz29

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info guys i feel good now about what i have ordered, can't wait to get this set up , JohnCCFC , from what i saw of the panel working in richer sounds it looks good, have'nt unboxed at home yett hough as i'm waiting for my wall mount to arrive .:)