• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

This must be the most expensive Civic ever!!!

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
"Hey, just spent £62000 on a 3 year old used car"

"Cool, what you get? Ferrari, Porsche, Aston?"

"Nah, went for a Honda Civic"

alexs2

Distinguished Member

alexs2

Distinguished Member
Decadence said:
Fools and their money......

I'd wait and see how many queue up to buy this,when the quoted import price on the Mugen RR was around half the asking on this car.

alexs2

Distinguished Member
imightbewrong said:
How did they get together in the first place?

Well...there's always a few examples from the banking fiasco to begin with.....

Sorry... That's fools being parted from our money....

alexs2

Distinguished Member
cosworth or m5 etc will beat that

why would you upgrade a front drive car with so much power

Actually,an unmodified Cosworth would very likely find the Mugen RR to be rather hard work.
It's 80's technology really isn't an overwhelming match for the RR.

The road tests of the Mugen(Evo mag and others) have confirmed that,and obviously comparing it with a current M5 is laughable,as that has 500bhp and RWD.

FWD technology has come a long way,and it's quite easy to get 300bhp onto the road without too much trouble,if you have a decent diff,as you'll see if you look at the Focus RS,and also any of the BTCC cars.

All of these have torque vectoring diffs,and as long as the tyres are up to the job,traction is pretty good.....it is,of course,a different matter on a wet road,where the RWD car would also suffer a bit.

accyuklad

Banned
i cant stand the civic looks but type r are nice

never heard of a mugen civic i thought it was just a civic with high mods lol

well that MUGEN civic is nice compare to standard ones

Last edited:

alexs2

Distinguished Member
i cant stand the civic looks but type r are nice

never heard of a mugen civic i thought it was just a civic with high mods lol

well that MUGEN civic is nice compare to standard ones

If you follow the clicky in the original post,and the links in my reply below it,you'll see what a Mugen Civic is.

Mugen was formed by the son of the Honda motor company founder,and has been involved in single seater racing,F1,and sportscar racing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mugen_Motorsports

alexs2

Distinguished Member
Has it had more than that spent on it?

Or does it come with a pop up lady or something?

For whatever reason,the one in the original post is about twice that of a Civic RR import.....now I may be daft,or missing something but I can't see where the extra £30k has gone.

lovegroova

A couple of the original Civic RRs apparently remain unsold, so this is even less of a "bargain".

D

Deleted member 39001

Haven't cruised on here for a few day's and I come back to see this!! :eek:

I'm going to guess the owner is trying to milk it of the back of the cars fame if it's been in magazines etc. Personally I'd rather buy a brand new M3 or RS5 or a few grand more and a new model M5!

As for second hand 60k cars....... you have got to REALLY want that car at that price! :suicide:

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom