1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This months XBOX demo disc

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Craigy, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Craigy

Craigy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +705
    Played Far Cry and Burnout Revenge and am not impressed.

Far Cry is a pain to control (probably being harsh comparing it to the PC version) and I hope it was a very early build because I was stabbing someone in the leg and he was not responding, even though blood was gushing, he was just standing there looking around, also sometimes 1 head shot will kill someone, other times you have to waste 5 or so bullets to the head to drop them.

Burnout, been a fan of the first 3, this seems to be too extreme now though with too many things happening on the screen, every second a prompt appears to tell me press the boost button, really distracting and also the track I was playing it was probably possible to complete it by holding down boost as it always leads you the right way, seems too much in favour of fighting rival drivers now than winning the actual race.

Think maybe I will just buy Fahrenheit and wait for the 360 to come out.

2. Dogma21

Dogma21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Yeah that Fahrenheit game looks pretty good.

Have played the demo and was quite impressed, also from the trailer there seems to be lots of plot twists and matrix style fighting.

Looking forward to it.

3. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,268
    Just picked up the latest edition of Edge, Fahrenheit scored 8/10 but I haven't read the review yet, looks pretty interesting game.

In a way I'm happy to hear the demos from the latest xbox magazine aren't all that good, I just sold my xbox to help towards the 360 and was gutted to see the best looking demo disk in ages with no xbox to play them on :mad: ;)