This Months What HiFi TrueHD & DTS-HD Receiver Reviews

EvertonMonkey

Established Member
Reaction score
This months What-Hifi Av reciever comparison has the Onkyo TX-SR875 winning with 5 stars and the Pioneer VSX-LX70 and Sony STR-DA5300ES with 4 stars, intresting !

did they get tested alongside the Arcam AVR 280?

I'm interested for obvious reasons....

did they get tested alongside the Arcam AVR 280?

I'm interested for obvious reasons....

Yep

280 has gone from 5 * in August to 3 * now :rolleyes:

Verdict The AVR280's unique selling point is unique no longer: better-specified rivals outperform it for movies and are close for music

Wondering what it's unique selling point was in the first place?

One reason why I take WHF reviews with a large pinch of salt! If I'm researching a new piece of kit I look at real world experience from on here :thumbsup:

Does whoever has a high advertising budget with them affect their reviews?

What do you think?:rolleyes:

Does whoever has a high advertising budget with them affect their reviews?

What do you think?:rolleyes:

Yawn This has been asked umpteen times on umpteen forums. Yawn. Who cares? Use the reviews not for their star ratings, but for their actual descirptions and comments. Then as a previous poster said, go onto a forum for real world experiences. Yawn.

Yawn This has been asked umpteen times on umpteen forums. Yawn. Who cares? Use the reviews not for their star ratings, but for their actual descirptions and comments. Then as a previous poster said, go onto a forum for real world experiences. Yawn.

You need a sleep friend.:D

This months What-Hifi Av reciever comparison has the Onkyo TX-SR875 winning with 5 stars and the Pioneer VSX-LX70 and Sony STR-DA5300ES with 4 stars, intresting !

How much did they say the RRP of the Sony 5300ES was?

:eek: That's a price increase and a half, puts it out of my league. Hope the 4300ES is close to it's specs minus all the extra HDMI inputs

Same here I will need to look in the 4 to 500 hundred pound mark.

Same here I will need to look in the 4 to 500 hundred pound mark.

I think the only company thats selling a next gen receiver at that sort of money is onkyo, I do believe the model number is the TX-SR605 at £399.

I'm waiting for the Yamaha's to arrive in September before I buy anything.

did they give any indication of the release date?

do you think Integra employs same quality codecs for all these new sounds (TrueHD etc) ? But costs twice less.

do you think Integra employs same quality codecs for all these new sounds (TrueHD etc) ? But costs more than twice less.

Your comparing a UK price to a US price. Many electronics in the US are half the price they are here, including AV equipment. There are many threads on this already :)

as far as I can see Onkyo price in dollars is around 1600-1800, and integra announced at 800. So I expect pound price to be proportional.

The only concern if codecs are of descent quality otherwise no point to buy it even if it is cheap. I can stick with my old Yamaha for another year.

as far as I can see Onkyo price in dollars is around 1600-1800, and integra announced at 800. So I expect pound price to be proportional.

The only concern if codecs are of descent quality otherwise no point to buy it even if it is cheap. I can stick with my old Yamaha for another year.

Are you based in the US? As far as I am aware (and I could well be wrong) Integra are not sold in the UK

oops. that I didnt know... but perhaps I can import one? and use 110v adapter......

Or have you got in mind some 400-500 quid HDMI 1.3a receiver with all HD audio codecs which can be bought here in next 2-3 months?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom