This Means War - Extended Edition Blu-ray Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
He is one of the most underrated directors in the business. Forget Scorsese, Nolan, Michael Mann, Nicholas Winding Refn. There are simply no directors – old veterans or new talent – that can do what he does. He can turn an art form into an advert for hair products; he can turn a music video into a feature length movie; and he can make the longest montages known to mankind. He’s one of those rare directors who can terminate a blockbuster sci-fi franchise dead in its tracks; who can make watching gorgeous women wander around in swimsuits in slo-mo a tawdry affair; who can take a big budget romantic comedy actioner with a promising cast and deliver a tiresome film which has no romance or chemistry, no genuine humour and almost no decent action. Meet Joseph McGinty Nichol....

Read the full review...

It should noted, that this has editor Nicolas De Toth's name on it. Fox's go to guy for trying to 'fix' certain movies, except that he hasn't actually managed to fix any of them,(see Die Hard 4.0 and Wolverine).

It should noted, that this has editor Nicolas De Toth's name on it. Fox's go to guy for trying to 'fix' certain movies, except that he hasn't actually managed to fix any of them,(see Die Hard 4.0 and Wolverine).

Wolverine was unfixable, but Die Hard 4 was (almost) OK until the fighter pilot vs JMc in a truck finale.

Thanks for the info, it explains a lot, although I agree with Bosque, Wolverine is the best example there, I actually enjoyed Die Hard 4 for the most part and still have hopes for the next one next year.

Whoever they would have brought in to fix This Means War, I don't think it would have been possible, too much was wrong in the first place. I wonder what McG will get as his next director's gig...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom