1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This may correct **LIP SYNC !!**

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by PTG, Dec 17, 2004.

1. PTG

PTG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Morning, I know some people are having problems with this lip sync issue from sky etc.

Forgive me if this has been posted before, but I have come across this site www.felston.com which has a box that claims to correct lip sync by delaying the digital audio signal from an av amp or dvd player.

I'm not sure how good or effective it is but may help some of you. :smashin: It's not cheap but is relatively cheaper than an amp or scaler with digital audio delay!

Anyone who has one or tested one let the forum know your findings ;)

Cheers and have a good weekend

PTG. :D

2. Leigh_1973

Leigh_1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Its a known product, not sure if anyone has one though

3. PaulSeales

PaulSeales

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have a Felston unit. Very simple, very effective tool to use.

Works a treat.

Paul.

4. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Plus you need to buy an optical to coax converter for it to accept a Sky audio signal. Pain in the arse and it means yet another mains socket and box.

Sky tends to have the majority of lip synch error.

For the cost of that lot, you're better off selling your amp and putting all your cash into a new one.

5. PaulSeales

PaulSeales

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    They are bringing out a coax and optical version sometime next year I believe. James @ Felston has already offered a part ex for when the new version comes out.

I just want to make it clear I have no connection with Felson other than purchasing the box.

I didn't want to get rid of my beloved A1-SE just for the audio delay function.

Like I said before, works a treat is easily adjustable and even has preset settings to quick jump to. I tend to just leave it on 50ms delay and it works fine.

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    PAul i dont notice lip sync on DD material but do on DTS so as a result have stopped watching DTS.... (will the unit solve this or just correct one while pushing the other out further?

7. PaulSeales

PaulSeales

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    To be honest DD or DTS (or Pro Logic for that matter) are all the same for me.

But in answer to your question, to bypass the Felston unit (for no delay with DD or anything else for that matter) just switch it off from the remote. For DTS you could just switch it on and hey presto. Audio delay.

You know it's working when you change the delay time becuse the audio drops out for a second and comes back in.

I have mine working from my pronto if I need to change delay/switch on off etc.

Paul.