1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This LG hack works!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Player Multiregion Hacks' started by Arthur.S, Apr 1, 2001.

1. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The LG hack as detailed here:http://www.wvip.co.uk/cgi-bin/hacks.pl?search_for=981934310 Also works on an LG3000E, so I'd have thought it works on all the 3000 generation players. I converted a friend's 3000E this morning. Worked first time. The main problem was getting his 7 year old Nokia TV to accept the signal. PAL60, though converting the NTSC pic to colour, rolled uncontrollably. (Connected directly to TV) The answer, strangely, was to select Pal on the players TV select switch, turn OFF PAL60(??!!) Then in the players menu, select 'Component' out.
    What I think happened, is that 'Component' is a misprint for RGB, as it streams out via a SCART. The AV1 on the Nokia, is auto switching to RGB. (Component to RGB is not possible without some kind of conversion I believe). This then bypasses the TV system. So alls well that ends well [​IMG]

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com

[This message has been edited by Arthur.S (edited 01-04-2001).]

2. simes

simes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    By turning off PAL60 and seting the switch to PAL you will be outputting PAL50 (that is UK standard PAL).
    The LG player are one of the few on the market that can convert NTSC to PAL50.This should be OK with any TV, and is also compatible with the VCR for recording (unfortunately macrovision is likely to cause problems).

From what i have read, the LG3000 does not output RGB, only composite video or S-video.The 3200 and 3350 output RGB though.
    The tv was probably unable to play a pal60 or NTSC signal.Most are ok with pal60 if they are not happy with NTSC.

[ 06-04-2001: Message edited by: simes ]