1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This js VGA thing?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Shahel, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Shahel

Shahel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok i have heard that the pwd6 scart board isnt that good and ppl are using the js vga thing not sure wat it exactly is?

anyway this is my current setup DVD player + Xbox (hidef) via component, Sky Digi Svideo to Denon 3805, Denon via component to bnc terminal board on plasma.

so would conecting the sky, dvd player via the js vga option be better then current setup?

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    You'd see an improvement in sky if you use RGB to VGA, it's just a powered black box that separates the sync signals to make them more plasma friendly, and as it costs the same as a scart board, makes economic sense. If your VGA port is empty, try it. You might find a used one in classifieds, or get one on sale or return, or just sell it if you don't like it. But you will. Go for the real thing though, beware cheap copies!

3. nigel_williams

nigel_williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    That's handy... I thought the Panasonic didn't do PiP with the VGA connector. So if I use the JS VGA connector for my TiVo and a SCART on the Panasonic for my 2nd DVB box, I can see both with PiP?

4. nigel_williams

nigel_williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for clarifying, must have mis-understood!

5. novaya_zemla

novaya_zemla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just like to say that I think the scart on the PW6 is great! I tried to minimise the small banding issue by upgrading my scart lead to one costing £30!!!!!!! My wife is convinced, me slightly less so - but the picture is still fab - what are you guys after? :confused: It's going to cost me £99 for one of those VGA whotsits and another £99 to switch the picture correctly - What!!!!!!!!!! I don't think so.. :rolleyes: