1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"This is the wrong card for this digibox"

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Bert Coules, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I noticed tonight that my non-subscription FTV card in its Grundig digibox has stopped decoding ITV2. I'm getting the message "This is the wrong card for this digibox".

I'll ring the helpline number tomorrow, but is there any reason for this change? The card was authorised for the Grundig box when I got it and hasn't been used anywhere else - and it still gives me ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 in addition to the BBC channels.

I rarely use any other channels, but now I suppose I should check that I'm still getting everything I should. Where can I find a list of all the channels my card should give me?

Thanks,

Bert
    www.bertcoules.co.uk

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    ITV2 is a subscription channel, a FTV or ex subscription card should not be able to decode that channel regardless of what box it has been married to.

The only FTV channels are ITV1, Ch4 and Five.
    The FTA channels do not need a card, this looks like a fairly upto date list here.

3. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Starburst,

Many thanks for the reply. Obviously, I was mistaken in thinking that I'd ever got ITV2 with that card; on reflection, I could welll have been remembering a Freeview-via-the-aerial setup I also had until recently. It still seems slightly odd that I get the "wrong card for this digibox" message, though; on other non-available channels the display is on the lines of "To subscribe to this channel, call..."

Thanks too for the channel list. Very useful.

Bert
    www.bertcoules.co.uk

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    You never know, if ITV choose not to renew the FTV contract with SKY this year you may get access to ITV2 via Dsat without any card or subscription:)
    I believe that only a few channels actually look for a proper marriage between the card and the digibox. SKY's premium channels do and in the old days the BBC channels did and the only other one I can recall was/is ITV2. Perhaps ITV2 displays the warning about an unmarried card before it gets to the non-subscription warning, other channels don't chexk the "married" status and jump straight to the "subscription" warning.

5. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Perhaps ITV2 displays the warning about an unmarried card before it gets to the non-subscription warning...

That sounds reasonable. Thanks again.

Bert
    www.bertcoules.co.uk