This is silly it is as hard to find wii play and controller as the Wii

toxic mango

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I was overjoyed at picking up the wii today. Game did not have any controllers or wii play in stock, so I thought I would try later. Unfortunately everywhere I have tried are sold out. I got the wii looking forward to some serious multiplayer mayhem over xmas. However if I have no joy with the controllers I will end up selling it on xmas eve as defeats the reason why I bought it - for multiplayer fun not for solo experience. So I have three days to find what I need - fingers crossed

I too have had difficulty finding bits in Croydon this week

However, Virgin in Croydon have loooooooooooaaaaaaads of controllers - I got one today and there were about 20 in stock.

No Plays or Nunchuks though, but the guy told me they had just had a delivery that was yet to be unpacked.

I cleaned Game in Sutton out of their last Play, Nunchuk and Component cable yesterday though :devil:

Managed to pick one up in GAME here in Plymouth but also noticed that my local WHSmith had 3 in stock.

Might be worth trying some less obvious outlets?? - not many places have the consoles but there are a lot more places selling software etc!:D

ignore me

I ordered one from Game on Monday and paid extra for special delivery...it has not arrived. I hope you get yors Steve!

Well if I dont get it in the next two days ill be looking for some compensation :)

Remember golf and bowling are multi-player with only one controller.

Not happy with Game about this, my order tracking shows 'Wii Play despatched 19.12.06 at 0856' via the special 'next day' delivery option I paid a lot extra for. Game will be refunding me the extra money for this but I wanted the Wii Play as a present for my kids, they have one day left to deliver...I can see the writing on the wall on this one though.:nono:

still looking and no joy :mad:

Will try again for a few days - honestly i can understand a shortage of the console but a shortage of controllers and accessories - i did not have this much hassle with the 360

My local Game and Gamestation have loads of contollers, no bloody compoinent leads though...

Hello, I managed to order one from game.co.uk about half an hour ago

Dear ........

Order Numbers(s):
01133*****

Qty Description
1 Wii Play with Wii Remote [Wii]

We are pleased to advise that your order, 01133*****, has been despatched via
your chosen delivery method and will be with you shortly!

Not happy with Game about this, my order tracking shows 'Wii Play despatched 19.12.06 at 0856' via the special 'next day' delivery option I paid a lot extra for. Game will be refunding me the extra money for this but I wanted the Wii Play as a present for my kids, they have one day left to deliver...I can see the writing on the wall on this one though.:nono:

Probably not Game's fault in this situation. A few things I ordered special delivery have arrived after their given time, because Royal Mail and others aren't coping with everyone buying online at Christmas.

You are probably right about the Royal Mail, any company worth their salt should admit that they are overstretched and tell customers there will be delays. I hope Game get their money back from them too!

I may end up trying Woolworths and end up with an extra Wii Play after christmas..oh well, worse things happen at sea. Good luck getting one the rest of you.

How about gameplay.co.uk my Dad ordered a Wii plus Wii Play on Sunday and the Wii Play arrived today :D

I find it amazing how hard they are to find in certain areas. On launch day and every day since i have seen an abundance of wii play and extra controllers in every shop ive been in (thats sells wii accessories that is!!)
Only thing that i aint seen has been the much sought after component cable!

I find it amazing how hard they are to find in certain areas. On launch day and every day since i have seen an abundance of wii play and extra controllers in every shop ive been in (thats sells wii accessories that is!!)
Only thing that i aint seen has been the much sought after component cable!

Same here. Although they're overpriced (e.g. Wii Play £39.99) they have loads of them in stock at local Woolies, GS and Argos.

As everyone else has said, every Woolies, Game, GS I've been into has stock. You may want to give your local currys and Pc Worlds a call too has many have had some small number of accessories but hardly any consoles.

Woolies didn't have them, despite having loads of display cases out on the shelves, so i don't know what they had or not, but they were the cheapest i've seen the 2000 wii-point cards for £12.99

You're not missing out on much....Wii Play really isn't that great tbh.

Just come back from Cribs Causeway. Picked up Wii Play in HMV (Cheers work for the £35 xmas vouchers) and a Nunchuk in Toys R Us. They are around all over the place you just need to look for them!

you should be able to track one down somewhere... evetually i just bit the bullet and paid £40 at john lewis for it (£5 over rrp isn't anything when i got my Wii at retail and im enjoying the game on wiiplay with my 10 year old sister quite alot already)

Nunchuks are the bane of my life however, not found one anywhere... although im rather pleased with the controller glove i got, lovely for my sweaty hand of doom :p

I'm sure if you got out after xmas you'll find alot more stock flow in quite quickly.

After the console sold out on launch date, I decided I'd get the other stuff I needed in the mean time.

I walked into a Toys R Us the day after launch and picked up a copy of Wii Play and a Nunchuk. I assumed that the games/accessories were really well stocked, but it's gone a bit crazy now.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom