This is just a game, right?

HRL

Is it just me or do some people take this game way, way, too seriously?

I only play it for a laugh. Starting to think I'm in the minority. :rolleyes:

Det

Distinguished Member

I like the game and I play it for fun. It's fun for me to learn the ins and outs of it... I'm analytical by nature. I like to test out different guns to figure out which is better, which suits me more, etc... Just because I research it more doesn't mean I take the game seriously. It is just like you say, a game.

I have a wife and 3 kids, I maybe get 2-3 days a week where I can play for an hour or two. (Plus I'm finishing up my degree with online classes). I barely have time to play, but I love the game. So while I take breaks at work, I'll do some research on it or try to help out others.

I think you guys take ME too seriously.:suicide:

Tall_Paul

Distinguished Member

:lesson: Give me 5 laps of derial with no marathon or lightweight and holding an RPD! :nono: :rotfl:

I think peoples competetive nature tends to show itself playing this game, and the smack talking in the lobby doesn't help :D I know I always want to win, espcially if it's against some snotty nosed 12 yo gltching yank :devil::rotfl:

Fmrl

I enjoy just having a bit of a laugh with a few people from here (Goldie, Super, Sannan, etc.), it's more about playing the game than it is about winning or losing. Sometimes I run around like a muppet and get owned but that's usually my own fault so I can't really blame anyone except myself.

The moment it stops being fun then I stop playing and find something else to do. I agree there are a lot of people who take it waaaaay too seriously though.

Last edited:

Det

Distinguished Member
I enjoy just having a bit of a laugh with a few people from here (Goldie, Super, Sannan, etc.), it's more about playing the game than it is about winning or losing. Sometimes I run around like a muppet and get owned but that's usually my own fault so I can't really blame anyone except myself.

The moment it stops becoming fun then I stop playing and find something else to do. I agree there are a lot of people who take it waaaaay too seriously though.
Problem is, is with my sporadic play times and on a UK forum, I don't have many friends that play CoD on my friend list. I never could bring myself to blind add friend with people that are fun to win with and have comparable stats.

So I often play MTDM. It's not as fun as when I'm on when my friends are, but it's still fun. And the friends I do have don't have mics so I don't even use my mic half the time.

So while you play this game for the friends, I play to kill people and wind down from my day.;)

thewait

I just don't like losing, so if we are losing you'll see my competitive nature appear, & let me tell you its not a pretty sight :rotfl:;)

Fmrl

Problem is, is with my sporadic play times and on a UK forum, I don't have many friends that play CoD on my friend list. I never could bring myself to blind add friend with people that are fun to win with and have comparable stats.

<agony aunt mode>
Have you tried looking for a US MW2 forum? I thought there would be loads. Maybe there's one that specifically deals with gun stats and the like. I'm sure you could make lots of friends there.

Or just try being a bit more tolerant with the people you meet online and maybe send them some friend requests. What have you got to lose? Good Luck!
</agony aunt mode>

Auditor

Banned
I just have a laugh I don't care about my K/D or any other stats like I did on COD4, this game is far too random to enjoy.

COD4 was predictable, MW2 isn't. That's why most people get the hump as nothing is consistent.

I just do different things each time I play, 2nite when I have a few games I'll be using the M9 handgun and nothing else.

Det

Distinguished Member
<agony aunt mode>
Have you tried looking for a US MW2 forum? I thought there would be loads. Maybe there's one that specifically deals with gun stats and the like. I'm sure you could make lots of friends there.

Or just try being a bit more tolerant with the people you meet online and maybe send them some friend requests. What have you got to lose? Good Luck!
</agony aunt mode>
I'm sure there are but this is pretty much the only site not filtered out at work and I rarely get on the computer at home aside from when I'm doing schoolwork.

StuR6

Where you coming from?
People trash talking eachother online, people slating online mechanics, or the solo campagne and its air of realism?

If its the last one or the middle, then yeh people will get critical over a game that claims to be a realistic shooter - mechanics matter. Hate it when people whine that an 18 cert game is too real.
If its the first point, then well, i can see why folk get annoyed; would you fancy playing a game of footy, to only then find the otehr team have filled your boots with lead this game and you play like big girl; then next match your boots are fine and you do awesomely - online seems inconsistent and a lot of it to do with connection; sometimes skill; sometimes a better understanding of the better weapons.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom