1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is driving me mad!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by hebawom, Mar 21, 2005.

1. hebawom

hebawom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have spent a good 20 hours setting up my media center 2005 HTPC. First of all I had to tag all my mp3's (about 150 albums which took about 5 hours) - then getting a DVD encoder that would work nicely inside MCE - finally got Nvidia 1.0067 (something or other), added all my DVD's to My Movies plugin. Arranged all my pics into nice neat folders. Almost completley finished except this one irritation:

I cannot get my PVR 150 MCE to find my freeview signal.
    It can find all the anologe signals through its built in tuner, but I cannot get freeview. Any help would be appriated as I want to spend some time enjoying my HTPC instead of getting annoyed with it!!

2. hermanmunster

hermanmunster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    What freeview box do you have? Some of them only have RF pass through and do not modulate their output so you will only ever have analogue channels vis the RF input of your hauppage. You need to find a way to output S Video from your digi box and input that to your hauppage instead of RF. Picture quality will be much better too. However the catch is only some digi boxes output S Video...Pioneer do and so do some Panasonics and Sony's. :)

3. hebawom

hebawom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah - Thankyou, shall try this when I get home.
    I have an old phillips box I bought when ITV owned freeview. I think it has some composite outs - would this solve the problem?

4. hermanmunster

hermanmunster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Provided your hauppage has composite inputs then yes. You should be able to point your media centre in the right direction. :)