This is class...

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Spit, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Spit

Spit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    We have had sky hd for a few weeks now. 15 year old step daughter says she cant tell the difference, typical.

Anyway last nght she was watching bbc hd children in need concert as she is mad on mcfly. Mcfly came on and they were doing close ups of the band and she starts moaning that they now have spots etc! Then on one extreme close up you could see hairs and bogeys up one of the noses!!

Pure class, a good recommendation for HD surely.

2. Mighty Gaz

Mighty Gaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'll send an email to the marketting reps. expect the new slogan soon.

3. sisko

sisko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    My mother, who is damn near 70, was round the other night and said she couldn't see any difference between the HD and SD channels.

With eyesight that bad I was almost loath to let her drive home on her own :D

4. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    I don't believe it's an eyesight thing, more a perception thing. Some can see it, some can't, some are in the middle (not helped some producers who like adding artifical grain for 'artistic' reasons, and others who intentionally blur the picture for similar reasons).

Doesn't bode well for the widespread acceptance of HD though when half your potential market can't tell the difference...

Edit: Just watching Robin Hood recorded off BBCHD and resampled to 720x576 (9mbps tivo mode 0) and my wife commented how good the picture looked today!! Great timing...

5. sinizterguy

sinizterguy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Not the eyesight. I could tell the difference between different video qualities even when my specs werent the right prescription and so vision wasnt 100% perfect. No experience with SkyHD though.

6. nevtra

nevtra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure i'm that interested in looking at peoples mucus, especially some spotty Geordies like McFly.

It's taken me weeks to talk the missus into HD and she only gave in because i got it half price, I'm hoping that the difference is obvious otherwise she'll moan my arse off.

My set is only 720 lines and i'm wondering if it will produce the fantastic images i'm expecting.