1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this "hobby" is starting to turn into an obsession.....

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by adi, Mar 6, 2003.

1. adi

adi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    watching "grand designs" tonight - all i could think of was "hmmm - where would you put the speakers, what about the telly, how would that big curve effect the acoustics"......if find myself doing that a lot - like when we visit friends and relations - i'm mentally re-arranging the rooms to suit a set up !!!

adi

2. VMAX

VMAX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    But did you notice how much cabling he used? 1600 metres of computer cable, one bundle had 30+ cables in it, surely there was several speaker cables amongst that lot. Don't know how he would get it dark enough for a projector though. VMax

3. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats was one of the disappointing things when we moved into our new house.

I wanted to lay CAT-5 cabling and other such goodies through the walls etc but the builders wouldn't let me :mad:

it had to be how they built or not at all. Hell even the telephone sockets had to be in a specific position.

The only concession we got was a drop pipe from the cold water tank to drive our big american-style fridge - but that was only when we threatened to pull out of the purchase because of it.

did like the house last night tho, pitty we missed last week Damm TiVo!

4. alextgreen

alextgreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    You bought a house that the builders wouldn't let you play with? Eeeerm, is it just me or does that seem like a slightly strange decision?

5. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The lack of cooperation from the builders was offset by the fact it was a gorgeous house in a nice location at a nice price on a large plot of land.

We've been in two years and its doubled in price and it was an impulse buy:eek: