Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

This has to be a software bug...Sky playback freezing related problem.

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Family Guy, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Sky+ freezes, without fail, on 51 minutes of every playback. It will freeze for about 5 seconds and then come back on...however, during that 5 seconds, it's jumped forward some 30 seconds in the programme. You can rewind that 30 seconds and play the skipped section fine after it's frozen the first time...
    I have tried it to see what it's like in fast forward mode ie. start fast forward at 50 minutes until 52 minutes...and the picture does freeze at 51 minutes in fast forward mode as well...

Now, here's the reason why I think it's a software bug. It's done it on 2 different boxes and 3 different hard drives!! Noticed it happening about 2 weeks ago. Phoned Sky, came out, replaced box last Wednesday. Still did it. Had changed on upping the HD drive for a while so brought a 160Gb Maxtor that same day, replaced it, formatted it and it still does it!!

When I rang Sky technical, they didn't say anything about a software bug, but then they wouldn't, would they...?

The box is an Anstrad hooked up to a Panasonic PWD6 plasma via upconverted S video through an Onkyo amp...

Anybody help or have similar problems?

2. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So nobody else is suffering from this bug...just me...:confused:

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Never seen it on my Pace V2. Could be limited to Amstrads.

4. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Never had it on my Pace v2 either.

Is it just coincidence given the old 17 minute bug that 51 is an exact multiple of 17?

John

5. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could well be...but somehow I doubt it. Didn't the 17 minute bug affect only upgraded hard drives? This was doing it on 2 different Amstrad boxes out of the box, not upgraded...

6. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,485
    I've never had this problem on my Amstrad, but will check a couple of longer recordings later today just to be sure.

7. adrian3221

adrian3221

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I suffered from this problem on my Amstrad box around 9-10 months ago. I did a full reset of the box which wiped my hard drive and havent had any problems with my box since.

8. AFC

AFC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, not sure if my problem is related but I have been getting this on longer recordings and has happened at 111 mins twice in the last week. It then tells me I have a problem with my viewing card so I end up taking out my viewing card and re-inserting it. however, no matter what I do I can't view that part of the recording that freezes. Very bizarre....