This guy seems to be goading the authorities

Pretty sad immature young kid, who is trying to establish a rep for himself in prison.
He attacked a fellow inmate with a pot of boiling sugared water (so it sticks).

I actually feel quite sorry for him, as his attitude will surely change after a few years when he realises he'll be an old man when he gets out.

Not that I'm saying he doesn't deserve it, but you have to wonder why he seems to think/behave the way he does.

Stapleton's upbringing in "a disturbed family environment"

Surely a lot of the blame comes from the family?

Surely a lot of the blame comes from the family?

The Sunday Times reports he shared a family home with eight brothers and sisters, breakfasting on Mcdonald's "hamburgers" brought to the house by his mother in her black Range Rover, all funded by the taxpayer.

The Sunday Times reports he shared a family home with eight brothers and sisters, breakfasting on Mcdonald's "hamburgers" brought to the house by his mother in her black Range Rover, all funded by the taxpayer.

I'm not sure what your point is there :confused:

I very much doubt it was a new Range Rover and they can be bought dirt cheap now, considering they've been out since around 1973.
As for their choice of food, does that mean they were eating MDs all the time?

all funded by the taxpayer.

So you can't eat or drive a car now if you're unemployed?

I see what you're getting at, but that tells us nothing at all about the "disturbed family environment".

Yes, its always someone else's fault :rolleyes:

I am sure there are many others that have had difficult upbringings but don't feel the need to shoot an innocent passer by in the head. It wouldn't be so bad if the guy showed some remorse.

He should never be let out!

Yes, its always someone else's fault :rolleyes:

I am sure there are many others that have had difficult upbringings but don't feel the need to shoot an innocent passer by in the head. It wouldn't be so bad if the guy showed some remorse.

He should never be let out!

I haven't said that at all :confused:
But the judge commented about it, so it makes me wonder.
There are plenty of nutters on the streets that don't resort to shooting people randomly in the head, which makes this case a bit rare, imo.

As for not showing remorse, well yes agreed, hence my commenting on his immaturity.
I'd suggest he's just giving it the "big 'un" and will come to massively regret it.

When it comes to never being let out, I'd suggest that's actually worse than the death penalty.
And wouldn't necessarily disagree that it might be better all round if we topped him in this particular case, even though I'm overall against the death penalty.

I haven't said that at all :confused:
But the judge commented about it, so it makes me wonder.
There are plenty of nutters on the streets that don't resort to shooting people randomly in the head, which makes this case a bit rare, imo.

As for not showing remorse, well yes agreed, hence my commenting on his immaturity.
I'd suggest he's just giving it the "big 'un" and will come to massively regret it.

When it comes to never being let out, I'd suggest that's actually worse than the death penalty.
And wouldn't necessarily disagree that it might be better all round if we topped him in this particular case, even though I'm overall against the death penalty.

No you didn't say that but you did say a lot of blame lies with the family where as I believe the majority of the blame lies with the guy that pulled the trigger in this instance.

The guy should suffer for a very long time (as will the poor victims family).

Well ok, perhaps I should have worded it more carefully in saying that a lot of the blame comes from the family.

I firmly don't believe that people are born bad.
It's more that things stem from the upbringing, imo.

With a 30 year minimum sentence, I certainly don't think he's got off light.
I'd say that's suffering, big time.

Well, it would be for me anyway.

I would be interested to hear what a 'disturbed family upbringing' means.
I don't believe people are born evil like this, I think its a conditioning of the upbringing. I think that it is important to understand what environments people like this grow up in so that we can work on ways of dealing with potential issues and problems before they arise and turn people into remorseless killers.

I'm not disputing that, but I am curious to find out how or why he became that way.

Sorry any way you look at it,to me this is a highly dangerous man,he should never get out,just not worth the risk.

And he probably won't be, unless his previous 20 whatever years can be undone, which is what I'm getting at.

but I am curious to find out how or why he became that way.

Same here.
The best result for me is sorting this sort of thing, not paying a fortune to keep these sort of people locked up.
The last I heard, it costs around ÂŁ1k a week.
That's a lot of money over 30 years.

The roots of what creates these monsters is complicated. Personally I think it's a combination of our liberal society which has deliberately undermined traditional family values and a bloated and out of control welfare state which encourages idleness and fecklessness while discouraging hard work and endeavour.

It has taken 40 years for our once great country to come to this and it will take another 40 years to sort it out, unfortunately i have a feeling it will be 40 more years of the same and that scares the hell out of me.

A horrible repulsive man but the thread has raised some diversions from the point:
What authorities is he goading, how is he doing the goading, and what is he goading them to do?:confused:
What has butt-rape to do with it, and how do we know it would be rape, as he might like it?
Of course people on benefits can eat and drive - but eat bought hamburgers and drive to collect them?

Last edited:
Of course people on benefits can eat and drive - but eat bought hamburgers and drive to collect them?

Now who's creating diversions?

I basically agree with you; bought burgers and even a car are both luxuries.
But try telling that to kids nowadays.

What has butt-rape to do with it, and how do we know it would be rape, as he might like it?

In prison it's almost always rape and it's also safe to say that he wouldn't enjoy that experience. So many people choose to believe that it's extra punishment, because.. well, you know... it is.

Once the sentence of 30 years sets in, this yob will be crying into his pillow and with a bit of luck will top himself.

Once the sentence of 30 years sets in, this yob will be crying into his pillow and with a bit of luck will top himself.

But they'll never allow that, they'll put him on Suicide Watch.

I'll never get the irony of that, BTW - up to about 40-50 years ago we were killing criminals (executions), now we're doing everything we can to keep them alive (Ian Brady, for example).

But they'll never allow that, they'll put him on Suicide Watch.

I'll never get the irony of that, BTW - up to about 40-50 years ago we were killing criminals (executions), now we're doing everything we can to keep them alive (Ian Brady, for example).

Yes, but we also had slaves and beat women and burned witches and and and.. shall we just stop evolving as a society? If someone kills him or he kills himself, I could care less - but some people would like to keep moving forward and look for alternative solutions.

Hi,

Bidve's death was a senseless one. It's the senselessness nature of the shooting, that annoys me most. Alas, nothing will ever bring him back. :(

I actually feel quite sorry for him, as his attitude will surely change after a few years when he realises he'll be an old man when he gets out.

Except his attitude probably won't change, no matter what happens (or doesn't happen) to him in prison. More's the pity. He'll still be the same (seemingly) sociopathic ingrate, with no morals, no intelligence, and no scruples. Just another idiot who thinks that murdering someone in cold blood is "clever" and "cool"!

And if he gets out after doing 30 years, he won't technically be that old either - unless you're saying that someone around 55-60 years of age is "old". :confused:

Personally, I'd rather he had been executed. That way, his life is snuffed-out just as quickly as he killed Bidve. And so that we, the taxpayer's aren't keeping him alive with three square meals a day, and a roof over his head, for the next 30-plus years, whilst he thinks he's the proverbial bee's knees. :( Failing that, maybe putting the :censored: into permanent solitary confinement, might be the answer. That way, he never knows what time of day or night it is, and hopefully, he will be clawing at the walls to be freed!

That might teach him a thing or two...

Pooch

Last edited:

Aye, and (sadly) they'll be plenty of other 20yr old wannabe gangsters ready to throw a bucket of boiling sugar water over his head.

Anyway, Stapleton won't last that long in prision. He'll make too many enemies....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom