This game

simon here

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok , might get it but how much replayability does it have , and whats the MP side like ?

Cheers !

Ok , might get it but how much replayability does it have , and whats the MP side like ?

Cheers !

This game is all about re-playability and MP.

I guess many people could say it does replayability and MP better that any other game.

I got it at the weekend and can highly recommend it, as long as you've got friends to play it with. Playing the campaign with at least one friend is a must if you want to get the most from the game.

We played the first mission twice in a row on Saturday and had completely different experiences each time - what other game can do that?! Amazing.

I got it at the weekend and can highly recommend it, as long as you've got friends to play it with. Playing the campaign with at least one friend is a must if you want to get the most from the game.

We played the first mission twice in a row on Saturday and had completely different experiences each time - what other game can do that?! Amazing.

Saw you and Paulie playing it at the weekend. I'll jump in for some campaigns with you two sometime. Really fun achievements aswell I think they have structured them really well.

Saw you and Paulie playing it at the weekend. I'll jump in for some campaigns with you two sometime. Really fun achievements aswell I think they have structured them really well.

Agreed Steve - I wasn't even trying to get any of the achievements I picked up. They just come naturally by playing through the game. Replayability is amazing though.

Paul and I were actually going to invite you in the other night, but you started playing Fable II. :suicide: :D

Have to get in a 4-player campaign game, as even with two players on Normal it was great fun and really tense when the hordes come!

Still haven't even played Versus, but I can already see this game edging out Fallout as my most played game!

Also, probably not the right thread, but I might add a few of the regulars on L4D to my list, if that's okay. :smashin:

Agreed Steve - I wasn't even trying to get any of the achievements I picked up. They just come naturally by playing through the game. Replayability is amazing though.

Paul and I were actually going to invite you in the other night, but you started playing Fable II. :suicide: :D

Have to get in a 4-player campaign game, as even with two players on Normal it was great fun and really tense when the hordes come!

Still haven't even played Versus, but I can already see this game edging out Fallout as my most played game!

Also, probably not the right thread, but I might add a few of the regulars on L4D to my list, if that's okay. :smashin:

lol ! ahh cheers for thinking of me. I suspected you 2 were playing it for the first time plus I had to finish off Fable (all achievements in the bag :D). There are versus nights played every Friday and the group of regulars have some healthy rivalries and the banter is always first rate.

One word - BRILLIANT!!! Valve have created a masterpiece here. Just like picking your fave MP maps from a zombie game but with the added bonus of the zombies appearing at random so you can never relax or position yourself in the normal place they appear as you never know when a horde of them suddenly appear or when a smoker appears or a tank!!

Great fun - would love a game with any AVF people if they are having a game :smashin:

One word - BRILLIANT!!! Valve have created a masterpiece here. Just like picking your fave MP maps from a zombie game but with the added bonus of the zombies appearing at random so you can never relax or position yourself in the normal place they appear as you never know when a horde of them suddenly appear or when a smoker appears or a tank!!

Great fun - would love a game with any AVF people if they are having a game :smashin:

I think thats the genius of this game. When the horde just start pileing in and it just goes mental! Its so dark and the muzzel flash of your gun gives this stroboscopic effect to all the zombies running at you, but, cause it's different everytime you never feel at ease, one minute your healing and getting your breath back after a big attack then it's PANIC stations again and a boomer pukes over everybody:D:D Great fun! If you decide to get it I think it's still cheap at amazon .

Scott23fw i've sent you a friend request mate!

Add me too guys, i'd love some games of this :hiya:

as soon as i finish my shift i'll be spending some time on this :smashin:

Will do mate

Well I've had all the achievements I think I will get for a while now (just nothing special left) and I'm still addicted to this game.

Ive been playing it solidly since early January and I'm still really enjoying it. That is a long time considering there is only 4 levels to play.

Mostly play versus now as you have to work as a team even more than you do in campaign.

A truly awsome game well done valve. :clap:

Hope the update arrives soon looking forward to the 2 maps getting unlocked for versus and eager to see what survival mode is like. I'm a big fan of horde mode in GOW2 so I'm sure I'll love survival on this. Would have preferred some new campaign levels but oh well.

I am totally hooked on it. It is the first MP game where I have actually given health to other players and you feel like part of a team. If you play with the normal random people I think it adds to the zombie horror survival typical movie feel or 4 strangers brought together to kill zombies!! :)

I think my fave level is No Mercy but surviving the house at the end of Blood Harvest was "interesting" tonight - the wimps I was playing with kept asking to drop the level to easy whenever we all died - not a chance made of tougher stuff than that :)

BTW - is the update applied when you play or do you have to select to have it applied to the game? Too busy playing to look at how I do this!

Final word - it has stopped me playing on COD4 MP - enough said :smashin:

It's easily the best game for pick up and play short bursts. It has stopped me from playing COD 4 too, although if I lost L4D, I'd probably go and finish another game, still got GoW2 and HL Episode 2 to finish.

Scott, you should have already got the recent update which fixed the glitching and added teammate status bars to the infected side amongst other things.

As for the DLC opening the other campaigns up for VS, that'll most likely be something you have to go and manually download, although they might introduce it update-style, meaning you'll be forced to update once you connect to the game post-launch.

I had the orange box and sold it after finishing the main game - never really tried the episodes. Are they worth the time?

I enjoyed episode 1 a lot. Not too far into Ep 2 but I liked what I played, can't wait for number 3 :)

Just remembered I still have Fallout 3 to get through too, but that'll probably never happen as I don't get enough free time as it is anymore :(

I had the orange box and sold it after finishing the main game - never really tried the episodes. Are they worth the time?

Tell me you did play Portal before you got rid? :eek:

oh yes - loved it :) totally different but ace

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom