1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This forum, is coming like a ghost forum!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by NickBull, Jun 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where is everyone, gardening with it being summer? Watching the world cup? Watching films on their PJ's rather than tweaking?

I must admit that I'm in a lull, HC wise at the moment. Picture is great, sound is great, room is getting there. It's all getting a bit boring!

Remaining projects are...

1. Finish painting.
    2. Quiet Projector
    3. Cut bigger hole in cabinet for HTPC cooling.
    4. Get LD player fixed. Using Dscaler and certain disks it looks like it may give DVD's a decent run for their money.

Nick

2. tryingtimes

tryingtimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +548
    I'm still here and looking in daily, I just don't have any problems nor does anyone need my help!

I guess there crts aren't as problematic as everyone used to say:)

I guess I don't use mine as much in summer so maybe the forum will come to life when Event II is announced.

I'm looking forward to seeing some more great setups.

3. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Part of the fun of the combined forum used to be winding up the LCD boys. Now they've split that pastime is denied.:(

The LCD forum is pretty stale too. Lots of "Who's got an AE100 on order?" or "Has yours blown up yet?"

It just isn't the same really.

Regards

4. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I might order an AE1000, just so I don't feel too left out! I'm sure I can use it for something.

~Do we need to recombine the forums?

5. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    hi Nick
    lets talk about the bradford bulls and wot a great team they are!!!!:D :D :D :D

Spoke to Roland this morning he was planning on coming up north this week but alas:( it now looks unlikely (too busy) shucks my re calibration will have to wait a few weeks

Have u re built your computer yet or still running the lap top?

catch u soon

richard

6. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Richard,

Laptop was only wor internet use really. Hy HTPC seems to be running well, I'm reticent to touch it now, incase I mess it up. It's a smooth as I can expect and almost fully automated now.

Bulls look like they might be hitting form. Sounded like Deacon had a great game on sunday, I couldn't go unfortunately, Liz was on her Hen Weekend and I said I'd wait for her to get back.

I'm missing Fridays game against Saints too, it's my turn and I'm in Scarborough for Stag weekend. Hopefully find a pub with it on as we're all Bulls fans, a win would set up the weekend well.

If Roland is up anytime in the next month I will be strugging, got wedding and honeymoon on the 6th July for 2 weeks. I'll just have to catch him at a later date.

Nick

7. fatrich

fatrich

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    nick
    u must send me your details so i can send u and liz a wedding card:)

catch u soon

richard

8. docsmith2k1

docsmith2k1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    'course the other reason is that people no longer buy CRTs as they cannot park a pj the size of a mini metro in their lounge:D .
    Oh and Saints by 12 points on Friday Nick.:D :D :D

9. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Nick

Unfortunately the CRT forum is quiet at the moment. It is a shame as the rest of the board is being over run by people who never post on AV subjects. It is one of the few areas not overrun by rubbish at the moment. I know many 'regulars' are becoming increasing frustrated and posting less and less. More than one has indicated they might just quit to me. I can understand their point, often wonder I bother sometimes. Spend ages giving accurate information only to have a moron to post rubbish next.

I hope the CRT forum stays free of this. I hope it is just the summer quiet period.....:mad:

10. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,802
    Guys,

I am thinking of a few ideas I'm going to post about....just need time...

Gordon

11. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I have not been visiting this forum at all for the past 3 months or so and I used to be obsessed with it at one time. I got totally turned off by all the idiots saying their £99 dvd player was better than a Tag or a DV27 etc etc. One thread led to personal insults which were not nipped in the bud as they should have been straight away. I was so annoyed I just stopped posting and visiting. Shame as there are some very knowledgable and nice people on here and I had very much enjoyed being a member who could answer some of the lesser technical questions for some of the new members.

I have decided to give it another try but am just going to read selected areas and posts rather than everything as I did before.

I am moving house shortly so will have to remove my BarcoGraphics 808s from the ceiling. Anyone want to give us a hand :)

Hope to get Roland in to re install it again as soon as possible after moving then once I have got all the rest set up I can unpack the knifes and forks. Have to get the priorities right :)

Darren

12. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Saint's won't beat Braford, lets get that important note out of the way first.

Rigman, rather you than me, are you going to hire a Genie lift to get the PJ down. Even with 2 or 3 people I wouldn't fance lifting once off the ceiling!

If we don't have problems with out PJ's or set ups, maybe we should write positive threads relaying experiences. Stuff we'd liek to improve on, stuff that is as good as it can get (as far as we know) etc.

I guess that even if it only has a pretence of being soley about the pj we can still post here in this little haven of copmmon sense and rationality!

13. chicken balti

chicken balti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is still check out the CRT forum even though I'm an LCD man myself. You get a better class of put-down here and the CRT vs LCD jokes are a lot better. The fixed panel section is way too serious and swamped with people just dying to tell you how many hours their third or fourth 'panny' managed to last before it exploded.

'I'll be back' as they say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.