1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This decision is too hard PD 7200 or Samsung

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Max Payne, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Max Payne

Max Payne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Okay 4 months down the line and I thought I had made my mind up re: the Hitachi PD 7200 but while I am on the waiting list with richersounds waiting for it to come in, the Samsung has now caught my eye.

It comes down to this, I have approx 3,000 euros to spend (approx 2200 sterling and I initially wanted to get 2 TV's - 1 42" and 1 either 32/37 LCD Plasma as I now have 2 living rooms - but after reading too many magazines and this great site, I came accross High Definition - hench finally resting on the Hitachi after the great reviews, high def, motorised stand, pc connectivity, price etc.

I don't like the look of the Panny and the XDE which would be my absolute favourite is out of my price league.

So Hitachi it is then I think? But then I see the Samsung that is HD ready, and compared to the hitachi works out as follows:

Hitachi with Delivery to me in Ireland: €2897
    Samsung with Delivery to me in Ireland: €2172

So I would save 700 euros!!! and I still get a HD ready screen and am then well on my way to getting another LCD/PLASMA in the next couple of months for the other room.

the tricky bit is that I have yet to see the Samsung in operation but the questions is

Is the Hitachi Picture Quality 700 euros better than the Samsung?