this control panel can be displayed via option Dmp bdt120 problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by MRobson83, Mar 11, 2013.

1. MRobson83

MRobson83
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Dmp bdt120 blu ray and a Tx p42vt30b and today when i switched it on a box that says 'this control panel can be displayed via option' is permanently displayed on the bottom right hand of the screen. Its there whether its a blu ray or dvd or nothing in the disk tray. It's driving mad! Any help please.

2. formbypc

formbypc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
  3. MRobson83

MRobson83
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that link, i kinda new that though.

4. pustekuchencake

pustekuchencake
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know this is an very old discussion. However I will post my findings about this issue as it might help others losing time:

VIERA link options are enabled in my case (Panasonic TX-40 EXW & Panasonic UB404). When you are in a movie's DVD menu and you start playback with your (Panasonic) TV remote control by hitting the 'OK' button the mentioned panel/field is shown during the whole movie. Whereas when you start playback with your (Panasonic) UHD player's remote control the panel/field doesn't show.

I haven't tested so far if the panel/field also shows up when you start your movie by hitting the PLAY button on TV's remote control (many Panasonic TV remote controls have the most needed playback-buttons at the bottom).

When you started your movie by hitting 'OK' button of your TV's remote control, you can sometimes hide the annoying field/panel by hitting 'Exit' or 'Return' on the same remote control.

In my eyes this is an annoying bug or useless option (who needs it??). I have reported it to Panasonic. However they don't seem to be interested in resolving this issue or they don't regard it as an issue. This is sad. There would be many possible solutions:

- remove this useless option
    - add an option so that you can disable this "feature"
    - keep this "feature" but adding a timer so that the field/panel automatically hides after e.g. 5 seconds

Just my 2 cents