1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This about sums it up!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by mistiblu33, Oct 14, 2005.

1. mistiblu33

mistiblu33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After waiting 8 days for sky+ recording facility to be switched on,some error was made by the original sky operater,i emailed james murdochs team,had a phone call today offering me 3 months free of sky world pack BUT..... he was having trouble swithing it on as they have a new system and it was playing up! wasnt sure what to say really.....

2. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi mistiblu,

I don't know whether to be sorry for you or glad for you. If you read some of the threads on this forum "If you have live pause append your name..." for example, you will see a lot of us have had problems since the update about a couple of months ago. My box was only a few days old and worked perfectly before the update. Since then I had no access to any channels on some days except BBC1. Also failed recordings, no dual recording, no live pause, having to put in a pin number if you played a recording which has been broadcast after 9 p.m. (that was intentional apparently), it was so infuriating. I have had Sky+ for two to three years and never experienced anything like it. About ten days ago it started working perfectly but now is back to failed recordings sometimes although today it's perfect.

I thought that was so funny that they had trouble switching it on as the new system was playing up, quite hilarious! I do hope you are one of the lucky ones when you do get your Sky+. It really is a marvellous system when it works.!!!!

I read on the forums that they are doing another update next month to rectify these problems.

3. mistiblu33

mistiblu33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply,apparently i had 3 sky boxes on my account and you can only have 2 and they were cancelling each other out and they said thats why they couldnt enable the sky+ recording, it works fine now,just annoyed that all that is promised has never happened.
    Ive read with interest and horror at all the problems people have been having,its unbelievable,i hope sky get it sorted soon

4. JBaum

JBaum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Next month? November?? Weeks away??? Amazing what they can do when they get their act together......right now it could only get worse, for me, if they switched it off altogether.

Still waiting for my tech support email reply, 48 hours on now.......