1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This 32" or the sammy 26" they are both about the same price

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Waynej, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +864
    I'm still saving my pennies for the new year, so both these hopefully drop down further by then. I originally had plans to get the 26" sammy, but this other is about the same price and has similar specs to that of the samsung model, so of course for the 32" screen size alone I'm leaning towards this LCD. It's been getting some praise in the LCD section HERE.

Only a few things concern me, I'v noticed it has no HDMI port but someone in the LCD thread point out its got DVI with HDCP (whatever that means) and I can use a converter adaptor thing so I can plug the HDMI in there? is that correct? what would the DVI socket normally be used for anyway?

and heres the spec sheet for it, let me know if you doubt its performance for xbox 360 from the spec sheet.

The other thing is, from the spec sheet it says it supports the PAL and SECAM colour system, so no NTSC?. Now is this really a problem for me as I'm getting a UK Xbox 360? its just I was under the impression of running your Xbox 360 in NTSC gives off a better picture than that of PAL 50? is this the same thing as PAL 60 on the original Xbox's settings? or am i just getting a bit confused here?

And you can find it for sale at www.AMAZON..co.uk for £624.99!

2. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,401
    Specs wise it looks equivilant to the Samsung. DVi is similar to HDMI the only difference being that DVi on carries a picture signal where as HDMI also carries sound. The DVi is HDCP compatible according to the specs which should be fine for Sky HD next year if you decide to get that. As far as Xbox 360 is concerned if you get a UK one you will be running it in PAL and not NTSC. Unless someone comes up with a way to modify it in the future this won't be possible anyway. The fact that it may only support PAL/SECAM is not an issue unless you have any devices that output an NTSC signal.

What it comes down to is the quality of the picture which going by what I've read about the Samsung it should be better then the Video Seven. I don't have any experience of the Video Seven so I can't make a direct comparision but I would be surprised if it was better then the Samsung especially as the 32" costs around the same as the 26" Samsung. Ofcourse that is for you to decide. Personally if I was choosing between the two I would go for the Samsung which is actually what I own any way and I'm happy with it. There are better TV's but they are a lot more expensive.

3. Monty1977

Monty1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    IIRC they're selling the VideoSeven on Ebuyer and it's not getting superb reviews from users. I'd go for the Samsung personally, I have 2 right now and they're amazing!

...incidentally 1 will be for sale in the next couple of weeks if you're interested.

Adam

4. Sting King

Sting King

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,

What screen will you be selling and what price??

5. Monty1977

Monty1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    It's a 26" Samsung with Analogue tuner .. model LE26R41B, getting something bigger for the living room - I currently have 2 identical screens, both are amazing!

They're ~£600 new, I'll be asking £450 .. purchased on 26/7/2005

Boxed with manuals, cables, remote etc..

Adam

6. Sting King

Sting King

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I currently have the 32" freeview version in the living room, the Girlfriend doesnt like me playing on the Xbox constantly, but I like HD gaming, so I think I'll have to buy another screen, Im off on holiday in 2 weeks, please keep me informed when you decide to sell it

7. Monty1977

Monty1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Will do ... it also has the new Samsung firmware to deal with the tearing issue when using 720p 60Hz inputs (i.e. HD Xbox material)

Cheers,
    Adam

8. MrHat

MrHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    but apparantly that "issue" only affects Component cables.. unless that was more false propoganda from the forums again :rotfl:

9. Monty1977

Monty1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    This is true...where did I say I wasn't using components??

...tearing is VERY frequent on Fifa 2006 in 720p in particular, once or twice a minute.

A

10. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +864
    lol, if i had the money I'd have it off u for £450, just about got my money for 360 now, will be looking to get the hdtv in the new year, hopefully prices plummit even more