Thirteenth Floor :)

JSW

Just watched this, one of the 4 I got for £6.49 from play and thought it was pretty good :)

J

jrwood

Yeah its a good film imho for the budget, I call it a thinking mans matrix film :)

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I liked it, too. I wonder why it was never shown theatrically in the UK? There are plenty of much worse films that do make it onto the big screen.

PS: Gretchen Moll. mmmmmmm.....

Nyquil Driver

Standard Member
Yes, it's a well-paced, intriguingly plotted little movie. Of course, it bombed big-time in the U.S (they only like The Matrix WITHOUT the 'thinking' bits!).

They couldn't really push the film in this country after such a disappointing run in the U.S because it doesn't have any big-name actors in it...

encaser

It's not a bad film this. I saw it last year and thought it was done quite well. The budget couldn't of been large as the effects were minimal but the actors carried the story along fine. Funny to think of the soon to be El Presidente Dennis Haysbert as the cop. Armin Mueller-Stahl is always good fayre too in his sort of cuddly/grandpa old trusty dude role.
The end is mentally linked for me with Kemopetrol's View On The Sea, as they look out at what essentially capitalism has done for its selfish 'need'.
I'll have to watch it again as much is pretty vague now.

S

Squirrel God

I have this. Only seen it once but really enjoyed it. Some cheesy moments that detracted from the otherwise "Twilight Zone"-esque plot :)

Reiner

Also seen it before, not bad actually. Not as good as Dark City IMHO but still entertaining.

I

IAmATeaf

Got this when it first came out on DVD and thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact this thread has reminded me that I own it and maybe it's time to watch it again.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom