Third Watch fans - please read!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Mar 9, 2006.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi,

Last night, on FX, there should have been two episodes aired at 11pm. FX should have aired the uncut versions of "The Relay" and then also aired "Adam 55-3". "Adam 55-3" was only supposed to air at Midnight, as it is considered unsuitable for pre-watershed transmission, and too much editing to the episode would be needed to make it safe. (Not to mention, that the remaining material would make no sense whatsoever.)

However, FX messed-up! :thumbsdow :mad:

All we got last night (8th March) was "The Relay" uncut. Tonight, there is a double-bill from 11pm, but it seems as if FX are going to have to miss out "Adam 55-3" completely from this run of Season 3.

Obviously, this is a big disappointment to Third Watch fans like myself, who have been pleased to see this show being aired uncut and at regular times each week. I have e-mailed FX, and should get a reply back in a few days time. Once I get it, I will post their response in this thread.

The good news, is that once this run of Season 3 ends (later this month), FX will be running Seasons 1, 2 and 3 again, all uncut and uncensored, at 11pm each weeknight! :clap:

Hopefully, for the next run of Season 3, the episode order will be corrected, and the unaired "Adam 55-3" episode played in the correct chronological position.

Lastly, there is another Third Watch double-bill tonight from 11pm. At 11pm, you get the uncut version of "He Said, She Said", followed (hopefully) at Midnight, with the episode "Childhood Memories" (which again, is unsuitable for pre-watershed transmission, due to the large amount of mature content)!

Thanks for reading this post :)

Pooch

2. GETanner

GETanner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Thanks for the heads up.

My pvr shows 3 episodes of Third Watch tonight (not near to check any discriptions) and its been showing that for at least 3 days now while last night only ever had 1 listed (Sky+).

Perhaps they are showing Adam 55?

G

3. Battle

Battle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,172
    There are 3 episodes showing tonight - Adam 55-3 at 23.00 hrs then He said She said at midnight and Childhood memories at 01.00 hrs :clap:

So everyone remember to set those recorders for an extra couple of hours tonight - or if youve got insomnia stay up till 2 to watch them all

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    HI,

Yep - thankfully someone at FX realised their mistake, and the three episodes were all aired last night.

FX e-mailed me back today, saying that there should only ever be one episode airing each weeknight at 11pm. He or she obviously has no clue whatsoever about the actual ouput of the channel! :D I pointed this out to him/her in my reply. I'll see what kind of response comes back! ;)

Pooch

5. GETanner

GETanner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    All we need now is for FX to realise their other mistake and show season 4, 5 & 6 instead of repeating 1, 2 & 3.

No legal DVD release, either R1 or R2. That eQuus asinus program seems to be the only way at the moment.

Got to say, they did the first two episodes of season 3 very well indeed. All in the suggestion.

6. Battle

Battle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,172
    I can certainly see why episode Adam55-3 would have had to have been cut to pieces to be shown before the watershed - that crash at the start :eek: :eek: :eek:

7. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi,

Battle - Yes indeed! The boy on the bike, does indeed get truly squashed! :eek: I watched the first few minutes of the daytime repeat, and you only see the boy ride into the road, and then the truck drivers face. Then, the editing occurs, and all you see is the truck skidding to a halt. About 20 seconds was cut, so it doesn't entirely make sense, although you get a vague idea of what happened. ;)

GETanner - As I have mentioned before, Seasons 4, 5 and 6 are going to air, but FX do not get the rights to do this, until sometime in 2007! :( Basically, I can only presume that it's partly in relation to the fact that Channel Whore still own the terrestrial rights to Seasons 1-6, and may still eventually air Season 6. Basically, you'll simply have to be patient my friend! :)

Until then, just enjoy seeing Seasons 1-3 uncut and uncensored, five days a week! :clap: FX have really done the show proud for us fans in the UK, especially after CWhore's complete and total arse of butchered daytime transmissions!

Pooch

8. TheBigApple

TheBigApple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Any idea of the start date?

I enjoyed the first series when it was originally broadcast on Sky one and have always seemed to miss any repeats.

9. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi Monkey Boy,

Season 1 starts again on FX, on Friday 31st March, at 11pm (uncut version, of course)! :)

Pooch

10. wellington

wellington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    1st season has a R2 release date of May 22nd :smashin:

11. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi,

Wahey! :clap: This is superb (and true) news! About blinking time! It seems that the reason for the delay in releasing the show onto DVD, was mainly down to the numerous problems with getting the rights to use the music that is featured in the episodes, to also be used on the DVD. Thankfully, that now looks to have been sorted out! As for US fans, there was also the issue over TV syndication rights, that's been ongoing for the past few years!

Let's all hope that Seasons 2-6 also get released as well. :)

Pooch

P.S. Just found this great Third Watch website... Click Here!