Third Watch - A big thank you (but not to C4)!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Mar 9, 2002.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi,

Last night (8th March), C4 showed an early episode from Season 1 of "Third Watch" - "Demolition Derby".

I just want to say that this was THE absolute pinnicle of US TV drama I have ever seen... period! The final ten minutes were the most gut-wrenching and upsetting I have witnessed in a very long time, and it was a credit to writer Theresa Rebeck and director Christopher Chulack, that it came out the way it did.

I had tears pouring out of me, and I have never felt so utterly emotional, since I saw the movie "ET" when I was about 5 years old!

A hearty and big thank you to all the cast and crew on "Third Watch" for this brilliant episode. Deinfitely the best out of Season 1, without a doubt!

Okay, now that that's out of the way, a big thumbs-down to Channel 4.

1) You showed the episode out of sync, of the rest of the Season. I know it was pulled originally, due to alleged controversy with similarities to the September 11th tragedy, but personally, there was little relevance to that event! So boo, C4.

2) Another big thumbs down, to the stupid and idiotic male continuity announcer who screwed-up big time, by announcing "Brimstone" as being another episode of "Third Watch" (duh!!!)! And, to the fact that he didn't give audiences a single second breathing space to reflect on the previous 45 minutes of drama, before announcing in a happy voice about what was coming on next! You stupid, stupid, stupid man!!!

So once again, it's yet another black mark to Channel 4 for cocking-up another excellent US drama show, and we haven't even mentioned the non-publicity of the show, and the lousy time-slot yet!

Oh, whoops! I just did!

Pooch