Third Dimension - The AVForums 20 Best Blu-rays for 3D & Other 3D Disc Chat.

It's too bad that only certain titles ship to US. I was able to get Ant-Man 3D at a very good deal. But then I wanted to get Thor Dark Wolrd and Avengers Assemble 3D and those do not ship to the US, and both for ridiculously low prices :(

Just a quick peek as I have no time to watch tonight, but this appears to be region free and identical to the US release with FBI warnings at the beginning.

From the first 30 seconds I can tell you this is really good 3D - there is no CGI post-conversion going on here that's for sure!

Attachments

• antman.jpg
    antman.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 63
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Watched Hotel Transylvania last night, some nice depth and a few pops. Quite enjoyable family fun for Hallowe'en. Enjoy watching films in 3D makes you feel a bit more involved in the film, if you know what I mean.

Watched Hotel Transylvania last night, some nice depth and a few pops. Quite enjoyable family fun for Hallowe'en. Enjoy watching films in 3D makes you feel a bit more involved in the film, if you know what I mean.
I hear that Hotel Transylvania 2 is supposed to have some really good use of 3D as well. Definetely great movies to watch in 3D around this time of the year!

Angry birds yesterday, was ok with good depth but missed out on many a good pop out moment.. If your going to do 3D animation Do it properly.

Amazon.com are selling House of wax 3D - Vincent Price 1953 for $7.99 + P&P.

Something slightly different over the past few days for me....

First of all this;

www.holotronica.com

A 3D concept album, not exactly my type of music these days but as a 3D demo disc.....WOW! So much pop out and depth it actually gave me that funny fuzzy feeling between my eyebrows as your brain keeps expecting things to hit you that don't.

I'm not sure how much use it will get, other than to impress mates on how good your system is but as a demo disc to push the boundaries of any system it's truly worth it. Nice 5.1 mix to the music as well.

Also watched TT:3D Closer To The Edge last night. Not sure why it doesn't make more "best of" lists as it has some truly fantastic visuals, I'd guess that it's down to road racing being a fairly low key sport these days but what with Guy Martin's popularity in the UK it should be on everyone's list for a cheap buy. Well recommended form me.

Something slightly different over the past few days for me....

First of all this;

www.holotronica.com

A 3D concept album, not exactly my type of music these days but as a 3D demo disc.....WOW! So much pop out and depth it actually gave me that funny fuzzy feeling between my eyebrows as your brain keeps expecting things to hit you that don't.

I'm not sure how much use it will get, other than to impress mates on how good your system is but as a demo disc to push the boundaries of any system it's truly worth it. Nice 5.1 mix to the music as well.

Also watched TT:3D Closer To The Edge last night. Not sure why it doesn't make more "best of" lists as it has some truly fantastic visuals, I'd guess that it's down to road racing being a fairly low key sport these days but what with Guy Martin's popularity in the UK it should be on everyone's list for a cheap buy. Well recommended form me.
How much was the 3D Blu-ray disc?

How much was the 3D Blu-ray disc?
It's on the website I linked above, £15 (down from £20). Rather annoyingly as I paid £19 for it on the bay of E!

Worth every penny which is a strange thing to say about something I'll hardly ever watch!

Lichtmond 3D I'm guessing is a similar experience?. I bought vol 1&2 but after skipping through I gave them away, weird and wonderful music accompanied by reference 3D but it gets boring I find.

Picked up It came from outer space for £8, I hear the film was pretty rubbish but the 3D very strong, I don't mind these old 50's 3D films but not for £20 plus.

Picked up It came from outer space for £8, I hear the film was pretty rubbish but the 3D very strong, I don't mind these old 50's 3D films but not for £20 plus.

It's in my basket on amazon but I haven't bought it yet. I don't mind (in fact I love some of them) old sci-fi films but find the 50's ones are a little too old for my liking, I'll look forward to a revue once you've watched it

Just arrived lichtmond4. Will watch tomorrow.

Getting this on Friday...$18.22 + shipping :)

Attachments

• thor.jpg
    thor.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 64
^^^ I am a big fan of the Thor sagas...The way Thor, Loki, and Odin interact with one another is very captivating...I like to know that even the more recent Marvel films are still being released in 3D

LOL...Nicely done[emoji41]

Pretty rubbish?! I suppose that's a matter of opinion, but I think it's a classic bit of sci-fi. Of course it's dated, but being based on a Ray Bradbury story, it's just a little bit smarter than many of it's contemporaries and one that, unusually for the age of Communist paranoia, takes a fairly sympathetic view of the alien. I will admit I am fan of classic sci-fi though. I don't rate ICFOS as highly as 'Forbidden Planet' or 'Thing from Another World' but it's still a decent movie. You just have to watch these films as being 'of their time', not as you would assess a modern movie.

What is excellent is the 3D restoration which is clear and sharp, and the actual cinematography. This was absolutely filmed with 3D in mind - there is a real depth to the picture with objects deliberately framed to emphasize the 3D effect, for example a great shot where we are looking through the bough of a tree and see the someone walk over the crest of hill in the background. In terms of 3D presentation it puts most modern movies to shame.

This is also a pretty good disc with an older, but informative documentary, and an interesting commentary.

Pretty rubbish?! I suppose that's a matter of opinion, but I think it's a classic bit of sci-fi. Of course it's dated, but being based on a Ray Bradbury story, it's just a little bit smarter than many of it's contemporaries and one that, unusually for the age of Communist paranoia, takes a fairly sympathetic view of the alien. I will admit I am fan of classic sci-fi though. I don't rate ICFOS as highly as 'Forbidden Planet' or 'Thing from Another World' but it's still a decent movie. You just have to watch these films as being 'of their time', not as you would assess a modern movie.

What is excellent is the 3D restoration which is clear and sharp, and the actual cinematography. This was absolutely filmed with 3D in mind - there is a real depth to the picture with objects deliberately framed to emphasize the 3D effect, for example a great shot where we are looking through the bough of a tree and see the someone walk over the crest of hill in the background. In terms of 3D presentation it puts most modern movies to shame.

This is also a pretty good disc with an older, but informative documentary, and an interesting commentary.

I wasn't saying it was rubbish as I haven't seen it yet, it's on the shelf ready!.

Are you watching this in 4:3 or 16:9? On Amazon its format is listed as 4:3

Yes it's 4:3, the original aspect ratio.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom