Quantcast

Third Dimension - The AVForums 20 Best Blu-rays for 3D

KalpeshChavan

San andreas was a good 3D watch...nice 3D effects but the movie itself based on a weak storyline.
How is skyscrapers 2018 3D presentation? Anyone?

KalpeshChavan

Has anybody ever seen a bollywood 3D movie?
Haunted 3d 2011, creature 3D and pizza 3d are the most entertaining 3D movies produced in india.

Garrett

San andreas was a good 3D watch...nice 3D effects but the movie itself based on a weak storyline.
How is skyscrapers 2018 3D presentation? Anyone?
I watched in 3D and did a review but can't rember what the 3D was like. i'll see if I can find my review( know I did not make much to the film).

Garrett

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
Capt Marvel very good 3D effects, but I’m noticing my eyes getting tired these days watching them, maybe it’s my age, I really hope they can bring out a glass less version. The film itself is ok and better on second viewing and some of the scenes have a lot of pop out. Need to get End Game next.

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
On another none my dad got Sky Q recently and they have quite a few 3D films in the library, I thought it had all but been dumped but they have some of the latest films in there.

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
On another none my dad got Sky Q recently and they have quite a few 3D films in the library, I thought it had all but been dumped but they have some of the latest films in there.
How do they show the 3D on sky? Is it using the SBS (side by side) method?

Agree on Captain Marvel BTW ...the 3D on the IMAX scenes is great. unfortunately Endgame doesn't open up to IMAX, although the 3D is decent

KalpeshChavan

Mission Impossible-Fallout 2018 in 3D is such a joy to watch.....one of my favorite 3D movie so far...nice 3D effects plus engaging screenplay is mind-blowing.

ruffian2205

Was it released in 'Germany' by Paramount?

I seem to recall Paramount films like the Iron Man films having a different German distributor which then enabled those filmed to have much earlier 4k releases.

Just a guess - but given Paramount having ruled out 3D releases at all that might we why it exists.
Yes it starts with the paramount logo.

Garrett

Mission Impossible-Fallout 2018 in 3D is such a joy to watch.....one of my favorite 3D movie so far...nice 3D effects plus engaging screenplay is mind-blowing.
Is this a wind up as far as I know it never came out on blu ray:confused:
Hope you prove me wrong.

Garrett

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
Going by this post I would say it’s possible he hasn’t watched a 3D version but is using the 2D to 3D setting instead.

Edit:
But then again it’s available in 3D via Sky
View attachment 1260174
I seem to recall(could be wrong but) only place it was ever released in 3D in cinemas is India, and believe it was spectacular.
Apparently there were pirate 3D blu rays ripped and converted from the Sky 3D stream.

The_Wierd

Edit: Sorry, old news, see this was discussed coupe of pages back...

Gemini Man available on 3D Blu-ray in Germany. Don’t think there is a UK 3D release.

Film isn’t supposed to be great, but it was filmed in 3D rather than converted, and the 3D will be 24fps, not 60, because that’s the only supported frame rate for 3D discs.

Seems to be a bit expensive though:

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member

Agree on Captain Marvel BTW ...the 3D on the IMAX scenes is great. unfortunately Endgame doesn't open up to IMAX, although the 3D is decent
Yes sbs couldn’t try it he doesn’t have a 3D tv anymore

PlexShaw

I seem to recall(could be wrong but) only place it was ever released in 3D in cinemas is India, and believe it was spectacular.
Pretty sure it got released here in both 2D and 3D versions theatrically. The BBFC classified four versions for cinema release as it was also in IMAX 2D and 3D.

Garrett

Gemini Man available on 3D Blu-ray in Germany. Don’t think there is a UK 3D release.

Film isn’t supposed to be great, but it was filmed in 3D rather than converted, and the 3D will be 24fps, not 60, because that’s the only supported frame rate for 3D discs.

darn I fancied seeing it in 3D and 60FPS seeing what the debate about the frame rate.

panman40

Distinguished Member

If sky’s 3D wasn’t SBS I would take the cinema sub, my recollection of SBS though was it looked pretty poor resolution wise and that’s something I couldn’t stomach even for those 3D films not released on bd.

panman40

Distinguished Member
One 3D title that’s escaped me is Battle for terra, just ordered a used copy from amazon uk via a German seller for £10.32. I love animated 3D so looking forward to this.

KalpeshChavan

Thats not true....I have Avatar 2009 3D 60FPS and A Turtle's Tale: Sammy's Adventures 2010 48FPS......LG E6 do support various frame rates for 3D content.

KalpeshChavan

I have so overdosed myself with 3D movies that now just have stared hating watching anything in 2D. Ten 3D movies in last 5 days. :D:clap::rotfl::p
What according to you are the most entertaining 3D movies?

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
If sky’s 3D wasn’t SBS I would take the cinema sub, my recollection of SBS though was it looked pretty poor resolution wise and that’s something I couldn’t stomach even for those 3D films not released on bd.
I downloaded MI Fallout last night via SkyQ box to have a look and didn’t think it looked that bad to be honest.
By all accounts though I’ve read elsewhere that the quality of SBS depends on what 3D type you’re using as active is best for SBS whereas passive works best with OU (over-under) as you only get half the resolution via passive SBS.

panman40

Distinguished Member
I downloaded MI Fallout last night via SkyQ box to have a look and didn’t think it looked that bad to be honest.
By all accounts though I’ve read elsewhere that the quality of SBS depends on what 3D type you’re using as active is best for SBS whereas passive works best with OU (over-under) as you only get half the resolution via passive SBS.
Is it available to purchase in 3D as a one off from sky Q ?.

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
3D is a real problem whe it comes to doing up my man cave in the near future, I have loads of 4k films on Apple TV and lots of 3D films, the onky way I can watch both is via projector but I’m limited on my size of screen. If I go for a huge tv no 3D, or I have to buy a tv and then get a PJ on top. 3D at home is brilliant, first world problems :facepalm: