Third Dimension - The AVForums 20 Best Blu-rays for 3D & Other 3D Disc Chat.

Is the 3D any good or does being in dark a lot of the time take away from the 3D?
I paid over the odds for this when it came out, watched once and absolutely hated the movie, utter rubbish. Sold it on. It was adequate 3D but it didn’t make the movie better in any way, dont think it was planned as the 3D movie, and it is very dark which is rarely good for 3D.

Last edited:
If you want this then you might want to order it quickly. It's a pre-order but had been out of stock at least twice. It's a German exclusive, the price is reasonable and people from all over are buying it.
Ok done, expensive week so far … thanks to this thread I had forgotten about.

Is the 3D any good or does being in dark a lot of the time take away from the 3D?
I haven’t watched it yet 🤪😂, I’ve found over the years that foggy out misty scenes are not good for 3D but general dark scenes are ok. When I’ve watched I’ll post back.

Thanks for the reminder of monster Hunter and the link!. I was watching it over on Blu ray.com but was always out of stock and I think more expensive?. Just pre ordered. I have the 4k uhd but look forward to this !.

Thanks for the reminder of monster Hunter and the link!. I was watching it over on Blu ray.com but was always out of stock and I think more expensive?. Just pre ordered. I have the 4k uhd but look forward to this !.
I had the Amazon uk 4K steelbook in my basket, but generally if I can’t get 4K/3D combo, I‘ll go 3DBD, especially as most genre films are finished in 2K anyway. Occasionally if it’s really good I may top up the 4K down the line if it’s less than a tenner.

Tell me about it. This is easily my most expensive week ever for 3D.

I had the Amazon uk 4K steelbook in my basket, but generally if I can’t get 4K/3D combo, I‘ll go 3DBD, especially as most genre films are finished in 2K anyway. Occasionally if it’s really good I may top up the 4K down the line if it’s less than a tenner.
Part of me thinks that a combo will eventually appear so although I've pre-ordered I'm still on the fence.

I’ve just noticed the standard 3D bd is in stock aswell, I might cancel the steel and go with that instead to save a few pounds…

I’ve just noticed the standard 3D bd is in stock aswell, I might cancel the steel and go with that instead to save a few pounds…
But the steel’s a steal!

But the steel’s a steal!
Yeah I’ll leave it I think.. I went on a steel hunt a few years ago but had to stop… lol

Can’t remember how many times we have watched this one, love it 😊
86AAB781-2DDD-48C4-AA39-71FBD1C6EB0A.jpeg

In my ever increasing backlog of 3D films to watch.
Having been pet owners over many years we love it, the 3D is solid and bright and has some pop outs. Not to everyones taste though.

if its the first secret life of pets then the snake scene is epic....have watched that like 100s of times already.....
Yes, that and a few other scenes had more pop than I remember !

Anyone bought Flesh for Frankenstein ?

Ordered Black Widow from Japan on Thursday,it's just been delivered at10am,now that was fast
It is quick, if I hadn't cancelled mine 28 times I would already have it 😂, it's arriving today.

is anyone thats ordered or has the black widow 3D, going to re-encode it using the forced subs track from the 4K disc ? or is it just not worth it,

is anyone thats ordered or has the black widow 3D, going to re-encode it using the forced subs track from the 4K disc ? or is it just not worth it,
I don't have the kit otherwise I'd give it a go.

I don't have the kit otherwise I'd give it a go.

yeah I've got the kit, just not committed to the expense of 50GB BR's :censored: but i guess i can rip it to mkv MVC and see how it plays and if its a winner then buy the discs, suppose should have ago as got the 4k burner, and silly to not use it to its full potential :D

yeah I've got the kit, just not committed to the expense of 50GB BR's :censored: but i guess i can rip it to mkv MVC and see how it plays and if its a winner then buy the discs, suppose should have ago as got the 4k burner, and silly to not use it to its full potential :D
Nice one, What sort of price are bd-50 discs ?

Nice one, What sort of price are bd-50 discs ?
£40 for 10 verbatim discs, haven't bought writable discs in years so don't know what the decent ones are apart from verbatim discs

It is quick, if I hadn't cancelled mine 28 times I would already have it 😂, it's arriving today.
Mine just arrived via DHL, only criticism I have is it was in an ordinary envelope, not even cardboard.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom