Thinnest TV bracket

Komzi54

Standard Member
Hi all,

I'd like recommendations on the most low-profile TV bracket. Flat to wall needed, no tilt.

But also... is it a good idea to go for the slimmest, did anyone struggle? I have a 65" LG C1.

I imagine I'll need right angle HMDI and TV aerial?

I've seen this Vonhaus one, which is 19.5mm profile

or this Sanus one which is 25mm

mikej

I've seen them as slim as 10-15mm. Have a look at the Vogel's Thin range, for starters.

Just bear in mind that, like you say, a gap that slim really doesn't leave much room for connections, especially any that are rear-facing.

dion 6

I've got a Panasonic 65 inch oled on the Vonhaus tv bracket it's solid as a rock but the screw fixing bolts at the bottom for locking it to the rail can be a bit awkward to get to when the tvs in place they can't be seen I had to use a long screwdriver and try to feel for the screw head. But once it's done it's just a one off job. Another thing there's no horizontal adjustment so you're got to make sure it's fixed to the wall perfectly level. As for the hdmi and other connections I just use the side hdmi and tv input I think the rear ones would be a problem

Komzi54

Standard Member
I'm seeing reviews were people have opted for the thinnest brackets - e.g. the Vogel one... but then end up having to use spacers because it doesn't work for them, and by the end they're at 20-25mm again.

D

Deleted member 770082

I bought 2 of these .. so easy to put up and not expensive.. I paid less than £13 each as on offer
Amazon product

Komzi54

Standard Member
@dion 6 - thanks for the review of the Vonhaus, I was thinking of purchasing.
Some reviews have complained of pushing tilting the TV upwards.
I do have my TV aerial coax that must go out to the rear of the TV, but I think a right angle connector (60p from Wilko) should settle that.

mikej

Some fixed brackets allow the TV to be tilted out at the bottom for temporary access to the ports but I would imagine the slimmest brackets don't have this option because there wouldn't be enough clearance at the top for the tilt.

If a slim (ie. 15mm depth) bracket doesn't allow temporary tilting, then access to the rear-facing ports will be impossible and even access to the side-facing ports will be difficult due to there not being much room to get your hand in.

With that in mind, thinking about your current and future connections before you mount the TV using a slimline bracket is sensible. If you're planning on adding an external source at a later date, then you could always install the HDMI cable in advance and if you'll be needing regular access to (for example) a USB port, then you could install a USB extension cable and locate the socket in a more convenient place.

dion 6

As mikej said its impossible to access the rear inputs and very difficult to access the side inputs I've had my panel replaced last week and had to put the tv back on to the wall mount the easiest way is as you lift it on connect all the connections first. Hopefully it's a one off job and will be in place for years and remember to connect an extra hdmi cable just in case

stasis

Some manufactures recommend a gap behind the panel for air circulation.
I have just checked the Sony A80 safety information and it states 2cm gap behind the panel for air circulation.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom