Thinking vs doing, procrastinating vs achieving.

• Thread starter Deleted member 897776
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 897776

How much do you think versus actually do, procrastinate versus achieve?

Or is the makeup of your personality a combination of some or all?

I was just lying on the sofa watching the tree in the back garden (that I still haven't chopped down) gust in the breeze and it reminded me of a moment in the past of exactly the same thing. Saturday 11th August 2001 and I was in a mate's back garden at a barbecue for his OH's birthday and I was looking at a tree exactly the same as to stop staring at my mate's OH.

She had just got red sauce down her cheek and even though I had never thought of her in that way, I suddenly in that moment thought that I wanted to, you know, so looked at the tree to snap out of it. It didn't really wear off over the next 3 years and I lost contact with them. Now I've just spent about an hour thinking about it and doing sweet fa whilst gawping out the window at the tree.

How much do you think versus actually do, procrastinate versus achieve?

Or is the makeup of your personality a combination of some or all?

I was just lying on the sofa watching the tree in the back garden (that I still haven't chopped down) gust in the breeze and it reminded me of a moment in the past of exactly the same thing. Saturday 11th August 2001 and I was in a mate's back garden at a barbecue for his OH's birthday and I was looking at a tree exactly the same as to stop staring at my mate's OH.

She had just got red sauce down her cheek and even though I had never thought of her in that way, I suddenly in that moment thought that I wanted to, you know, so looked at the tree to snap out of it. It didn't really wear off over the next 3 years and I lost contact with them. Now I've just spent about an hour thinking about it and doing sweet fa whilst gawping out the window at the tree.

Alcohol and drugs do cause flashbacks.

I am a doer, even jobs I hate like ironing I get on and do it. I might be a bit slower than I was but I hate seeing stuff that needs to done not done.
I really hate laziness and I know people that take laziness to a whole new level, jobs half done or unfinished jobs done poorly just because they could not be bothered.

I tend to be reactive rather than protective, so don't do anything until it is too late.

It made me realise that the 2 instances were 20odd years apart and I've done nothing with my life inbetween from early 20's to mid 40's.

I've got a list as long as my arm of things to do around the house but I just can't get motivated. My sister wants to come round tomorrow as well and she will be cross with me the state I have let it get to again.

Im a get it done type of person don’t like to waste a day, never know how many I have left :), I’m of the opinion it’s never to late to go back and do those things you regret not doing, get a saw out go it that tree, maybe look up the tomato sauce lady she may be single now haha.

Im a get it done type of person don’t like to waste a day, never know how many I have left :), I’m of the opinion it’s never to late to go back and do those things you regret not doing, get a saw out go it that tree, maybe look up the tomato sauce lady she may be single now haha.
Thanks, I wish I were more like you.

The 2nd tree really needs a professional/2 man job as it's so big. I need to chop the 1st one up still that I felled and get rid of some massive weeds. I do often think about the past and what if? I need to look forward though, I've put the washer on so clean clothes for tomorrow and when I've finished watching this womens football then the Eurovision semifinal then something else I will start vacuuming even though it will be 10pm 😀

I am a clean and tidy fanatic . I am a perfectionist and I’m always getting on with something. You’ll never catch me lazing around or saying that I can’t be bothered. I don’t judge anyone else but I’m very hard on myself to keep to a high standard . We are all different and have our own ways of living life ! I’m a perfectionist but I know I’m not perfect as a person . Does is matter how we live as long as we are happy 😃

I'm a pretty good balance between the two. Normally got a few things on the go and also normally thinking about the next few things I'm going to be doing...

Right! The TV is off, I'm going to put some pants on then start with taking some rubbish out.

Then housework, I know it's late but there's music playing the one side which will drown the vacuum out! Happy days 😀

I hate housework! I wanna live in a self cleaning smart house.

Either that or own a domestic bot which would do all the cleaning, shopping and cooking.

Right! The TV is off, I'm going to put some pants on then start with taking some rubbish out.

Then housework, I know it's late but there's music playing the one side which will drown the vacuum out! Happy days 😀
You been lying around naked all day again? 😆

My wife will give me a list of things to do around the house and if I don't start on them straight away she'll start doing them and then moan at me later for being lazy.

hate housework! I wanna live in a self cleaning smart house.
We don't even have self cleaning toilets, how has this not improved since the flush toilets invention in 1775? :rotfl: :rotfl:

I get accused of procrastination, but it's actually just an inability to focus at times. I'm working on a video game mod, and I've had a few issues with certain things it does. While I was contemplating how to overcome these, I was also thinking about how to create a space station with an orbital vista. I ended up solving that problem, instead of doing what I "should" have been doing. Procrastination, but productivity as well. I'd also been thinking about issues with the code at the same time, and was able to work them out. The funny thing was even though I knew how to fix the issues I ended up putting a fair bit of detail into the planets including things stuff like axial tilt for the Earth, and a few other things.

There are times though that I'll hit a certain part of my work flow, and skip around it until I absolutely have to do it. You can usually tell when I'm at this point because I'll spend ages listening to music with my eyes closed "visualising" the code, when the truth is I just cant be arsed doing it.

alongwayfromhome.png

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom